Fisk critical of McGwire and Clemens

adamwolff11

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4841486

Personally, I think this is great.

On McGwire

"Try having your knees operated on and catching for 30 years," Fisk added. "Do you think you feel good when you go out there? [McGwire] had to stand around and play first base. So excuuuuuse me."

On Clemens:

"The reason he got let go from the Red Sox [after the 1996 season] was because he was starting to break down," Fisk told the Tribune. "His last couple of years in Boston just weren't very productive, a la 'The Rocket.' Then all of a sudden he goes to Toronto and he wants to show somebody something. Then he gets two consecutive Cy Young Awards [in '97 and '98]. Come on, give me a bucket.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Fisk's anger. Just how I feel. Taking Steroids was a Federal Offense.

Wonder what Drungo will say about it? Some of his usual downplay. "Oh prove it to me" the steroids help people hit more homers stuff.

Its like saying over intoxication of alcohol didnt kill Adenhart. That maybe the driver looked down at a dropped cigarette or was dodging a deer in the road and missed the red light and killed Adenhart. How can we prove it was actually the alcohol? We cant prove it. He could of been sleepy or diabetic? Can we prove he killed Adenhart because he was drunk? No because even if he was drunk(or on steroids) it could of been all the other reasons why Adenhart is dead? NO WAY Steroids did it.

Drungo usually says dont belive your eyes at all. Dont use logic. Believe the fences are closer, the pitchers are worse, global warming makes the balls go further or any other excuse. Anything but admit that STEROIDS are the reason we had record after record smashed.

Or even if it was the Steroids Drungo will say. It doesnt matter because think of all the homeruns that the drug cheats could of hit if the drug cheating federal law breaking pitchers hadnt taken away because of their criminal activities?

That way Drungo covers all the bases and leaves everything covered with paralizing lawyerly cloud of crap.

Wonder what Drungo will say about it? Some of his usual downplay. "Oh prove it to me" the steroids help people hit more homers stuff.

Its like saying over intoxication of alcohol didnt kill Adenhart. That maybe the driver looked down at a dropped cigarette or was dodging a deer in the road and missed the red light and killed Adenhart. How can we prove it was actually the alcohol? We cant prove it. He could of been sleepy or diabetic? Can we prove he killed Adenhart because he was drunk? No because even if he was drunk(or on steroids) it could of been all the other reasons why Adenhart is dead? NO WAY Steroids did it.

Drungo usually says dont belive your eyes at all. Dont use logic. Believe the fences are closer, the pitchers are worse, global warming makes the balls go further or any other excuse. Anything but admit that STEROIDS are the reason we had record after record smashed.

Or even if it was the Steroids Drungo will say. It doesnt matter because think of all the homeruns that the drug cheats could of hit if the drug cheating federal law breaking pitchers hadnt taken away because of their criminal activities?

That way Drungo covers all the bases and leaves everything covered with paralizing lawyerly cloud of crap.

Why all the anger, did Drungo pee in your cornflakes or something???

I cannot stand all of the Roger Clemens hype of the last 20+ years. It really soured me on him.

This though sounds like sour grapes to me. Clemens' 1995 season may not have been stellar. However he was looking pretty good to me in 1996.

I wonder what Mr Fisk was drinking that night.

One of the sillier and more incoherent screeds I've ever seen on this site. And considering neither Trea, MSK nor OldFan posted it, that's saying something.

Crazy rant snipped...

So anywho...

I'm with Fisk. He has a right to be angry.

With apologies to Cal and everyone else, I always picked '27' when I was a kid... (Not that I liked the Red Sox version of Fisk better than the White Sox version (27 vs. 72) - high numbers weren't cool.)

[rant]Well in my opinion McGwire should have just lied through his teeth like Bonds! You get granted no special favors/respect in todays society by telling the truth. So why not just lie, lie, and lie some more? Or politicians do it all the time! So why not!?[/rant]

I wonder how many games a year Fisk would have had to sit out and how many fewer years he would have been able to play if he wasn't popping greenies day in and day out his entire career.

I'm not pro steroids or anything, but I am very anti this righteous indignation from all these former players who never admit to the things they used to do.

I prefer the more honest answers from some former players, guys who say things like, "I'm glad they weren't around when I played, I'm not sure I could have avoided using something that would make me better." Or when Aaron admitted to using greenies (even though that was a bit vague). Honesty is so much more refreshing than this BS indignation coming from guys who did everything they could to extend their careers just like the steroid users, they just didn't have the technology around.

[rant]Well in my opinion McGwire should have just lied through his teeth like Bonds! You get granted no special favors/respect in todays society by telling the truth. So why not just lie, lie, and lie some more? Or politicians do it all the time! So why not!?[/rant]

McGwire lied through his teeth plenty while he played. Remember the whole 'andro' scandal? The line from the Cardinals and McGwire at the time was that McGwire wasn't doing anything illegal or against the rules. Oops.

First, I don't think Drungo is a lawyer, also I don't remember him saying any of this. I think you've got the wrong guy dude and that's quite embarrassing considering all of the allegations in your rant. Just doesn't sound like Drungo but I could be wrong.

The driver that killed Adenhart WAS drunk as they gave him a breathalizer and he blew over the legal limit. Not only that but he's a record of DUI's. So was the driver of Adenhart's car, his girlfriend, twice the legal limit. Pretty safe to say the alcohol was the problem.

Archived