MD/Miami

Hooded Viper

What a dominant showing from the Terps tonight. They have played with exceptional energy and focus since the tip off and all the way through the game. Yes, Miami is largely beating themselves--but Maryland quickly stole away any resolve they had with their persistent defense, which caused 14 first half turnovers.

I'm trying not to get too excited, we'll know a lot more about this team in 2 weeks (games vs. Clemson, UNC & Dook), but this is awfully encouraging. I actually expect us to be close in all 3 games, and take 2 out of 3.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clemson is getting beat right now up in Boston. Doesn't mean a ton for Sunday's game, but it certainly will make me a little more confident, as will today's great performance.

Yeah I saw that. Clemson is such a different team home/road, although they did get handled by Duke at Littlejohn last weekend.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Terps went in there and beat them, but I wouldn't count on it.

I am getting perilously close to getting incredibly optimistic about this team. I'm trying to keep my expectations tempered, but they are playing exceedingly well right now and I really like the dynamic of the team. We're senior laden, well-coached, play hard, generally pretty strong with the ball, and have shot well.

I am getting perilously close to getting incredibly optimistic about this team. I'm trying to keep my expectations tempered, but they are playing exceedingly well right now and I really like the dynamic of the team. We're senior laden, well-coached, play hard, generally pretty strong with the ball, and have shot well.

I don't blame you at all. I'd like to see them beat a better team than FSU (their best win to this point) first, but I agree. They are playing great. A great mix of guys. I love Jordan Williams.

And that guy on the sideline is pretty darn good too.

We've got 11 ACC games left and are currently 4-1 in league play. I would say we need at least 5 wins to get in and 6 to seal it.

@ Clemson

@ FSU

UNC

UVA

@Dook

@NC State

GTech

Clemson

@VTech

Dook

@UVA

This is a tough schedule, but if we continue to play like we have against inferior opponents, we're in great shape to secure a good seed this year.

We've got 11 ACC games left and are currently 4-1 in league play. I would say we need at least 5 wins to get in and 6 to seal it.

@ Clemson

@ FSU

UNC

UVA

@Dook

@NC State

GTech

Clemson

@VTech

Dook

@UVA

This is a tough schedule, but if we continue to play like we have against inferior opponents, we're in great shape to secure a good seed this year.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but with the way this team is playing, I definitely could see 7 wins there.

Dear Maryland,

The game has clearly passed Gary Williams by, please get rid of him.

Your Friends,

The rest of the ACC.

You guys looked terrific tonight, keep rollin..

To think that I actually got on that band wagon for a week or so last season--what an ass, egg is better scrambled and with bacon. :(

Gary's the man, and I'm ashamed for ever doubting him.

To think that I actually got on that band wagon for a week or so last season--what an ass, egg is better scrambled and with bacon. :(

Gary's the man, and I'm ashamed for ever doubting him.

It was frustration, nothing more. This board isn't exactly the beacon of patience when it comes to coaches.

@ Clemson

@ FSU

UNC

UVA

@Dook

@NC State

GTech

Clemson

@VTech

Dook

@UVA

Yeah, 5 wins minimum. Depending on which 5, it might need to be 6. The Terps didn't exactly help themselves in the OOC this year. Those are tough games left on the schedule.

I mean, they beat two of the bottom 3 teams in the conference at home (ie games you CANNOT lose if you want to make the tourney), a bottom 3 team on the road (games you really better make up for with a big win if you lose), and a mid-tier team at home (FSU).

I want to see them beat somebody better or someone on the road before I'm totally sold.

It was frustration, nothing more. This board isn't exactly the beacon of patience when it comes to coaches.

Guy is obviously a great in game coach.......... wouldn't want anyone else in that regard. Still a bit worried about his ability to sign and deliver the type of talent that it'll take to compete in the ACC year in year out.

Guy is obviously a great in game coach.......... wouldn't want anyone else in that regard. Still a bit worried about his ability to sign and deliver the type of talent that it'll take to compete in the ACC year in year out.

That's certainly fair, though I'd add that there may be no one better at developing a group of very good players into a great team. I think this team could be a perfect example of that. Time will tell, but I strongly believe Maryland will win the ACC and do some damage in the tourney.

Archived