MacPhail: Miggy won't play any SS

Frobby

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree with this. This will allow Tejada to focus on third base and not have to wonder if he is going to play shortstop the next day after playing third the day before.

You have to love Andy MacPhail. The guy has some balls. I love the idea of Atkins on first and Miguel on third. It beats the heck out of Huff on first and Mora on third.

Andrew,

I figured as much...

So all of you Andino droppers...in the case that BRob gets injured, who is his replacement?...and don't you dare say Wigginton.

Guys like Andino are a dime a dozen, solid glove, very little stick. Didn't hate him while he was here but no tears should be shed over his leaving.

That is disappointing to me. One of the advantages of having Miggy on the team is to have him backup short and limit the number of at bats that Andino gets.

I was supporting the idea of keeping Andino but for defensive purposes. I'd rather see Miggy hit as the backup at SS then Andino.

Interesting.

Ultimately, isn't this up to Trembley and how he fills out a lineup card on any given day?

Generally, the Manager's boss is the GM, and I believe that's the case here. Yes, Trembley makes out the lineup cards and has discression, but if AM gives him a baseline saying no Tejada at SS, he's gotta live with that or look for another job.

That is disappointing to me. One of the advantages of having Miggy on the team is to have him backup short and limit the number of at bats that Andino gets.

I was supporting the idea of keeping Andino but for defensive purposes. I'd rather see Miggy hit as the backup at SS then Andino.

MacPhail never said that Tejada wouldn't be used as a back up - just that his primary position is that of thirdbase and he won't be in any type of "rotation".

If injuries occur I am sure that Miggy will get a start or two at short.

Guys like Andino are a dime a dozen, solid glove, very little stick. Didn't hate him while he was here but no tears should be shed over his leaving.

I agree perhaps they could bring back Chris Gomez for that role as he has a better stick than most of the guys that fit the role of utility player.

MacPhail never said that Tejada wouldn't be used as a back up - just that his primary position is that of thirdbase and he won't be in any type of "rotation".

If injuries occur I am sure that Miggy will get a start or two at short.

If there's an injury to Cesar, sure, maybe they'll put Tejada there. But he's not going to play SS if, say, Cesar is replaced by a PH in the 8th.

There will be a utility player backing up SS before Tejada - that's what this quote is about.

Not necessarily Andino, mind you, but someone will be in that role.

Archived