Thome a Twin

tvz1997

• 6 months later...

What a bomb!

MLB Network is awesome. (Live look in since the 8th inning.)

Anyone else see the walk off home run by Thome? Somebody is yelling” I love you” at Thome as he is getting mobbed from his teammates. It was hilarious.:laughlol:

Harold Reynolds just destroyed Chris Rose as well.

Awesome shot. Love Jim Thome.

ESPN news just had this...he's tied for the all time lead in walkoff homers with 12. Tied with Jimmie Foxx, Mantle, Musial, Frank Robinson and Ruth. Impressive company.

IMO, a no doubt first ballot Hall of Famer. A prolific slugger who did it for a long time and never had any steroid ties. Just pure throwback country strength and I think voters will gravitate towards that when his time comes around.

Awesome shot. Love Jim Thome.

ESPN news just had this...he's tied for the all time lead in walkoff homers with 12. Tied with Jimmie Foxx, Mantle, Musial, Frank Robinson and Ruth. Impressive company.

IMO, a no doubt first ballot Hall of Famer. A prolific slugger who did it for a long time and never had any steroid ties. Just pure throwback country strength and I think voters will gravitate towards that when his time comes around.

I agree, Thome is an impressive guy who's hit for power over extended period of time. His career .961 OPS is pretty damn impressive as well. Easily a first ballot guy for me as well...

I agree, Thome is an impressive guy who's hit for power over extended period of time. His career .961 OPS is pretty damn impressive as well. Easily a first ballot guy for me as well...

Did you happen tp hear Woody Paige the other day? He is a baseball HOF voter...He said he wouldn't vote Thome in because his batting average isn't that high. How absurd is that?

Amazing thing is he's 39 this year and hitting with 974 OPS. I'd vote for him for the HoF easily. I always loved his stance too. It's almost like he's pointing his shot. Hard to believe he was a third baseman originally in the mid 90's. I think I remember seeing him on UpClose with Roy Firestone back when I was 8/9 or something like that. Seemed like a real nice guy.

Archived