Md vs Clemson Who ya got?

Satyr3206

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible basketball game. Both teams were awful. The way Maryland played, Clemson should have won by 20. I've never seen so many unforced turnovers. And with all due respect to the announcers, a lot of them were unforced. Just dribbling the ball and loosing it is not good defense. That's poor offense. And Maryland was full of poor offense tonight.

This is the first MD game I've watched all year. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.
No kidding. I finally said, you know what, it's time for me to bury the hatchet and give this team a chance again. Then I saw the same bubble team I've seen for the last six years.

You can't fairly judge this team based on teams of the past, especially after watching only 1 game. Trying to define this team after only having watched one game is like me watching the Ravens last playoff game and saying that the Ravens are a bad team. It took something to get them where they are.

We all know that you want Gary fired and that you have lost interest in Maryland basketball... you've made that clear. But it's just plain unfair to judge this team so quickly. Had you watched the other games, you'd know that this was easily the worst conference game that the Terps have played this year and that they've shown that they can play at a very high level.

Clemson makes a lot of teams play ugly...MD had 26 turnovers and allowed 20 offensive boards and still could have won...That is encouraging IMO.

OTOH, they had 26 TOs and allowed 20 offensive boards and that is troubling...But its just one game.

Big game for the Terps at FSU this week.

For all the hype some on here are giving MD, they really haven't beaten any good teams yet...They need to beat some better quality opponents.

This is the first MD game I've watched all year. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.
No kidding. I finally said, you know what, it's time for me to bury the hatchet and give this team a chance again. Then I saw the same bubble team I've seen for the last six years.
If you've only watched one game then your opinion on this year's squad really isn't very informed.

The team is very solid this year. We need to get some good wins, but this isn't a bubble team, IMO.

I think this team will be a lot like the Ravens this year. They will be a slight disappointment, but will still get into the tournament fairly comfortably and I think will be able to win at least one game once we're there. Despite the ugly performance today, I'm still bullish on this squad.

Isn't that like someone saying, "This is the first airplane trip I've been on. Needless to say, I'm not impressed," right before the plane hits the side of the mountain.

Or, as someone (likely including you) would point out in a baseball argument: small sample size?

We played as tonight as poorly as we have all year. Yet we lost by nine (and as in most games close to the end, the difference was in late fouls--Clemson's final six points), to a ranked team on their court. Most teams would at least NOT call that any kind of bad loss.

I think they said Maryland averages 11 to's a game, so it was obviously not the norm. The Terps body language was very bad - right from the start - particularly Grevis'. They were very uptight - it's part of learning to play on the road in the ACC - no team had done it well this season. Some of the players had the "deer in headlights" look. I didn't expect that from juniors like Bowie and Tucker - but they'll learn from it... hopefully. Williams was the only young guy who looked ready for prime time. Milbourne just didn't match up well with the Clemson forwards. When he and Grevis both play so poorly on offense, MD's not going to win. Hayes missed those 2 early longgg 3's, but I would have gone to him more - since he's the only consistent defense stretcher on the team.

I was disappointed we played that poorly. I thought we might lose but it would be because we got Clemson's best shot. Instead, they played a pretty bad game too. Very frustrating that we couldn't find a way to win that game. It'll be interesting to see how we respond Thur at FSU. At this point, I don't know what to expect. I could see us winning or losing by 15.

Ugly game, too many turnovers, and their double teaming of Booker allowed Grant to run free. Did anyone catch Vasquez screaming on the assistants for a towel? I know that guy is high strung but that was a bit too much...and pretty funny.

I did see that. I would attribute that to Greivis just being frustrated. I know he doesn't usually act like that. About 2 hours before the game, when only the students are there, he's always fooling around with the managers and the ball kids. He was just angry at the the way he was playing and took it out on a manager.

Archived