Duke vs Maryland

Sports Guy

See, this is the key: there is a difference between poor officiating and uneven officiating. Sometimes they go hand-in-hand, but there can be days like today where it's just a poorly-officiated game without it being blatantly uneven. When that is the case, it is on the teams to adjust, and like you said Duke did that today.

True. Sadly there are days when any team can find themselves on the wrong end of an unevenly officiated game, and that is 10 times more frustrating than what we saw today.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched from begining to end and the refs were very inconsistent. Real loose at first then tight, then loose at times. I saw numerous fouls that weren't called on both teams and calls that were made that weren't fouls.

That said it really didn't matter from Maryland's point of view. Bad shooting, turnovers, lack of rebounding. Maryland got beat by a better team and that had nothing to do with the Refs. But they were inconsistent.

Zoubek isn't much more than a guy to lean on players, get fouls and rebounds...he has poor hands and is too soft around the basketball when trying to score..But he can give servicable minutes.

Hah, I was reading this thread for the first time just now. I guess Zoubek can do more than you thought!

That was a drubbing. Not even as close as the score indicated. Everyone on the team stunk it up in the 1st half and we couldn't make any shots even the few times we did get open looks.

Duke played tremendous defense, and we couldn't stop them on the offensive board. I wasn't upset with our defense, just the inability to secure rebounds. And obviously the shooting was a major problem.

Id like to give a big thank you to Debbie Yow for not funding the gold rush shirts for the dook game. :rolleyes: God she is the worst.

1st she is a horrible AD, then she pays the women assistants more than the mens bball team assistants, and she cant fund some freaking shirts for senior night against our rival. But she can get it for the 2-10 football team! But not basketball!:rolleyes: This will end up a disaster unless someone steps up (Debbie, Kevin Plank, or Gary) and buys the shirts.

Archived