Juan Dixon tests positive for steroids..

beaner

If he did, he had his hands on some weak sauce.

Seriously, he's trying to extend his window of making six figures. That's it. It doesn't cast a shadow on anything.

It absolutely questions his whole career. Especially since he was an unhearlded recruit that accomplished way more at Maryland then anyone ever expected. Maybe he didn't use steriods at Maryland but no one will believe it 100% now. That is the problem with cheating.

It absolutely questions his whole career. Especially since he was an unhearlded recruit that accomplished way more at Maryland then anyone ever expected. Maybe he didn't use steriods at Maryland but no one will believe it 100% now. That is the problem with cheating.

I don't think steroids help out a 160 pound guard who didn't gain much strength while in college like they help football and baseball players.

To me, this doesn't put anything of importance in question.

And unfortunately for him, he didn't grow up in an environment that discouraged drug use.

Not saying that this is the reason he did it...what you said is the likely reason...Just saying that he didn't have people around him discouraging this as he was growing up.

And you would be wrong.

I don't think steroids help out a 160 pound guard who didn't gain much strength while in college like they help football and baseball players.

To me, this doesn't put anything of importance in question.

I would agree with you... and I assume he didn't use them at UMD. However, don't forget, some players use roids to bulk while others (a la pitchers) use it to recover.

Nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

I would agree with you... and I assume he didn't use them at UMD. However, don't forget, some players use roids to bulk while others (a la pitchers) use it to recover.

Nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

I don't think the recovery aspect would have made sense for him in college like it does for starting pitchers. Somone with injury issues would be more likely to use them.

Either way, it doesn't really bother me. People make too big of a deal out of steroids imo.

Yea and he obviously has a great roids hook up, so that always helps! :D

He could be a real asset to the football team too!

You really aren't trying to insinuate that there isn't another particular team that has done some questionable things basketball-wise and always needs help in football, are you? ;)

Whatever. It may bring his career into question for you. It doesn't for me.

If a baseball player gets busted as a pro, it's not going to alter, for me, what they did during college. Especially when it's 8 years later or more. I mean, 8 years later, with no solid evidence that he did it in college (and no anecdotal or visual evidence, either).

I'm used to your pessimistic redundancies on here, but this statement goes far beyond that.

Archived