Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

ChaosLex

Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

Right and some people grow it to hide blemishes like acne scars and such.

Or big noses! I've threatened to shave my mustache at various times over the last 20 years but my wife won't have it. The mustache must make my nose look smaller to her.:laughlol:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are grown men, it's not the Army, baseball is supposed to be fun. If I were Angelos I'd give $1000 monthly bonuses to the guy with the coolest facial hair, as voted by his teammates. Seriously. Rollie Fingers - awesome. Al Habrosky - even better. The whole 1890s - rock on! Markakis' Grizzly Adams - keep it all year.

These kind of "you need to be like me" rules make people look little, petty and bitter.

Clay Zaveda!

David Segui had bleached blond hair and black nail polish in the early 2000s. Angelos didn't see to mind that. I think a facial hair policy is ridiculous. They're grown men. Yes, they're professionals. But since when have professional athletes been decorous? What would PGA say if it was 1979 and Eddie had his afro?

Seriously folks. I can't believe anyone voted yes to this. I mean, these aren't young boys in Catholic school. Grown men should be able to wear beards if they prefer them, even if they look bad to others. I mean, ballplayers wear mullets and all sorts of other terrible-looking styles, don't they. Let them express themselves, I say.

Wonder what would happen if all the players kept/grew beards and refused to shave them off? What is PA going to do, fine everyone....or maybe trade everyone away?

Gonna be a revolution!!

PA would simply refuse to sign their paychecks. What are the players going to do (along with MLB and the MLBPA) sue a billionaire who owns a top-notch law firm?

Wonder what would happen if all the players kept/grew beards and refused to shave them off? What is PA going to do, fine everyone....or maybe trade everyone away?

Gonna be a revolution!!

Funny, I thought maybe you were going to post this video from our own Roy Firestone, which explains the reason for having a policy on grooming as well as it can be explained.

What I wonder is, who is the policy supposed to impress, unless it's the fans?

And yet the fans, at least on this poll, overwhelmingly (80%) oppose the policy.

Unless the paying customers are way different than the Hangout crowd, it seems counterproductive.

I like the professional look, but I am used to the military. I shave daily and shave my head weekly. That being said, these are grown men. There should be standards but more lax than they are now.

I despise the appearence of athletes with the hair flying out of the helmet and the baggy uniforms but if you want a beard, go for it.

I wonder if there is this much angst over the facial hair and grooming policy at MFY Hangout or whatever they call their place?

To me this is a tempest in a teapot. I didn't vote in the poll because it's not that big a deal to me and there was no option for "I really don't care". If forced to choose one or the other, I'd vote yes, because I'd rather err on the side of "presentability", and recognizing that I believe the employer has the right to establish such policies. But if it were changed it wouldn't bother me either.

What would be interesting to me would be knowing what the preferences are for the players. How many of the current Orioles would sport a different look if it were left to their discretion, and how far extreme would it be?

I wonder if there is this much angst over the facial hair and grooming policy at MFY Hangout or whatever they call their place?

To me this is a tempest in a teapot. I didn't vote in the poll because it's not that big a deal to me and there was no option for "I really don't care". If forced to choose one or the other, I'd vote yes, because I'd rather err on the side of "presentability", and recognizing that I believe the employer has the right to establish such policies. But if it were changed it wouldn't bother me either.

What would be interesting to me would be knowing what the preferences are for the players. How many of the current Orioles would sport a different look if it were left to their discretion, and how far extreme would it be?

It's the new "Baltimore on the road uni's." A little thing that goes a long way when you're losing.

Archived