Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

ChaosLex

Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

Who gives a crap? The Sox are winners. What difference does facial hair make?

They're ballplayers, they're not going on job interviews or working on wall street. It's a complete non issue.

Well, I don't think anyone voting "yes" also thinks that facial hair hurts performance. I voted "no" but I also don't care. :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who gives a crap? The Sox are winners. What difference does facial hair make?

They're ballplayers, they're not going on job interviews or working on wall street. It's a complete non issue.

It's just a personal preference. I don't mind some scruff or so much a full beard really. I can't stand mustaches, goatees, soul patches, or any other ridiculous looking facial hair style, though. I just think it's a horrible, horrible look. It's one thing to be too lazy to shave. It's another to actually WANT to look like that.

It's just a personal preference. I don't mind some scruff or so much a full beard really. I can't stand mustaches, goatees, soul patches, or any other ridiculous looking facial hair style, though. I just think it's a horrible, horrible look. It's one thing to be too lazy to shave. It's another to actually WANT to look like that.

So why should anyone else --in this case your favorite baseball team-- have to abide by your "personal preference"?

Not to sound like a jerk but...are you a chick?

I agree with you on this one..mustaches just aren't my thing, and I think it takes a pretty unique person to pull off a mustache these days without looking like 70's adult film star. However, mustaches, are allowed! No facial hair below the lip. Remember when the bullpen did their thing a few seasons ago where they all grew mustaches?

Mr. Damon, so easy a caveman can do it. I think players should look the part, I wouldn't allow Luke Scott or Nick Markakis to keep their facial hair in that manner, but I would allow for neatly groomed facial hair. It is just much easier to say no to any sort of facial hair.

So you're okay with the David Ortiz chinstrap/widows peak chin? I'm certainly not...

david-ortiz.jpg

I am, however, pro mustache...

aaa.jpg

I agree with you on this one..mustaches just aren't my thing, and I think it takes a pretty unique person to pull off a mustache these days without looking like 70's adult film star. However, mustaches, are allowed! No facial hair below the lip. Remember when the bullpen did their thing a few seasons ago where they all grew mustaches?

I'm trying to forget it. :rolleyestf:

Well if it doesn't hurt performance, then it shouldn't matter...right? ;)

Did it hurt anyones performance when "Baltimore" wasn't on the front of the jersey? Nope, but the change was made. The team represents the city of Baltimore, and quite frankly... I don't want them looking like a bunch of idiots. As I've stated before, I think limited facial hair is fine -- it's just too much of a slippery slope to say what is or is not considered acceptable. There's no harm in having a well manicured looking team. If they win a few rings, let them do what they want, until then -- the beard has to go.

Archived