Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

ChaosLex

Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the O's "no facial hair" policy?

Being horrible and looking horrible are too different things.
Santa Claus looks horrible? :eek: What kind of person doesn't like Santa Claus, Chuck Norris, Abe Lincoln, Karl Marx, Charles Darwin, Mark Twain, Kenny Rogers, Grizzly Adams, Wyatt Earp, and Teddy Roosevelt.:rofl:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the batters would probably miss a lot of pitches staring out there wondering what that hideous thing on his face was. :laughlol:

Why do you think pitchers were scared to death of Eddie? It's because, not only could he hit, but he also stood there at the plate looking scary. Here he is celebrating getting a ring, and he still looks PO'd... it's probably because he's thinking about the other team's pitchers...

CalEddie-746331.jpg

Santa Claus looks horrible? :eek: What kind of person doesn't like Santa Claus, Chuck Norris, Abe Lincoln, Karl Marx, Charles Darwin, Mark Twain, Kenny Rogers, Grizzly Adams, Wyatt Earp, and Teddy Roosevelt.:rofl:

I like the gifts Santa brought me as a kid. I've never liked Chuck Norris. Lincoln did great things while looking bad. Marx...really? Darwin annoys a lot of people so he's ok, although he seems to have been looking for the missing link in the wrong place. Mark Twain a great writer, but if he looked like that nowadays would get a lot of weird looks. Kenny Rogers...no thanks. Grizzly Adams was just trying to fit in with the unkempt bears. Wyatt Earp looks like something died on his face, and choose one of the above reasons for Teddy.

Why do you think pitchers were scared to death of Eddie? It's because, not only could he hit, but he also stood there at the plate looking scary. Here he is celebrating getting a ring, and he still looks PO'd... it's probably because he's thinking about the other team's pitchers...

CalEddie-746331.jpg

Eddie is the one exemption to the rule. For some reason, ridiculous facial hair make black people look awesome and white people look like bums. :scratchchinhmm:

I like the gifts Santa brought me as a kid. I've never liked Chuck Norris. Lincoln did great things while looking bad. Marx...really? Darwin annoys a lot of people so he's ok, although he seems to have been looking for the missing link in the wrong place. Mark Twain a great writer, but if he looked like that nowadays would get a lot of weird looks. Kenny Rogers...no thanks. Grizzly Adams was just trying to fit in with the unkempt bears. Wyatt Earp looks like something died on his face, and choose one of the above reasons for Teddy.
I'm sorry but you are either very eccentric, or barely 13.:laughlol:

Eccentric is probably more fitting since I'm 20. :P
20? Wow! Just wow! That means your parents were likely creatures of the 80's. They wore Armani suits and worshipped Ronald Reagan, Gordon Gekko, and eschewed all facial hair. You should be embracing beards and mustaches in rebellion. However if your parents were of the 70's, I wouldn't blame you. :laughlol:

This is an issue that has bothered me for a while. People argue that it is their place of business so they should look "presentable". This is a bogus argument for people whom we expect to get sweaty, dirty and gross. If having facial hair makes them more comfortable and gets them to embrace the grit and grime of the sport then I am all for it. Plus, we as fans love players with personality and this is a good way to show it. Also, it just smacks of trying to be like the Yankees, which I can't stand for.

Maybe as a compromise we could say that young players have to be clean shaven, then once they have earned their stripes (say, after 2 or 3 full years in the bigs) they can do what they want.

20? Wow! Just wow! That means your parents were likely creatures of the 80's. They wore Armani suits and worshipped Ronald Reagan, Gordon Gekko, and eschewed all facial hair. You should be embracing beards and mustaches in rebellion. However if your parents were of the 70's, I wouldn't blame you. :laughlol:

My parents were born in '60 and '61. However, I've only seen a couple pictures from the early 90's where my dad had a mustache. It was so bad, and the short jean shorts didn't help either. I don't really rebel against my parents' era, though, since most of the music and movies I watch are from long before I was born.

CalEddie-746331.jpg

This should really be the final word on the policy: Eddie Murray couldn't be EDDIE MURRAY as an Oriole today. Any rule that makes Eddie into a coporate drone is, by definition, an abomination.

Archived