Vasquez for ACC POY

sportsfan8703

You missed my edit. I didn't miss your tone.

I'm not upset at all. I just disagree that "filling the stat sheet" is "common."

You're such an @#%$%(@#)#)_@*(! sometimes. Jeez.

Nah...I just know how you get, so its not worth it.

And no, you still missed the point despite the edit.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted the interesting stat about GV because I thought it was interesting that with all the great players the ACC has had no one has done this. Now I am no sports guy, just a fan who has spent thousands of dollars going to MD games, ACC tournemnts and NCAA's. Granted alot of those dollars went to booze and good times.

My problem is some Dukie on a MD Basketball board trivializes what GV has done. Is He the best ever? no. Is MD the best in the ACC, probably not the ACC tournement will tell.

Face it, he has had a good career, gotten better every year. To take a shot at Duke and the rat coach, how many players there get better every year? Not many, Singler is no better thsi year then he was as a freshman. The only player I remember getting better was Nate James. That is coaching folks, not recruiting which Vitale does at duke.

Face it, he has had a good career, gotten better every year. To take a shot at Duke and the rat coach, how many players there get better every year? Not many, Singler is no better thsi year then he was as a freshman. The only player I remember getting better was Nate James. That is coaching folks, not recruiting which Vitale does at duke.

Not to defend dook at all, but both Redick and Henderson had developed significantly under K. And I feel that Scheyer and Nolan Smith are leaps and bounds better than when they came in. That sounds more biased than factual, dude.

Not to defend dook at all, but both Redick and Henderson had developed significantly under K. And I feel that Scheyer and Nolan Smith are leaps and bounds better than when they came in. That sounds more biased than factual, dude.

Agreed. Players might come a bit farther under Williams. But they definitely get better under K.

I posted the interesting stat about GV because I thought it was interesting that with all the great players the ACC has had no one has done this. Now I am no sports guy, just a fan who has spent thousands of dollars going to MD games, ACC tournemnts and NCAA's. Granted alot of those dollars went to booze and good times.

My problem is some Dukie on a MD Basketball board trivializes what GV has done. Is He the best ever? no. Is MD the best in the ACC, probably not the ACC tournement will tell.

Who did this?

You really need to learn how to read and comprhend what is being said.

No they wouldn't...Over the years, plenty of Duke and UNC players have had these huge combo stat careers and it barely gets mentioned during the game.

This is what I call trivalizing (if that is a word).

That is ok, you can stay on your high horse like all dukies do.

By the way, what is your degree from duke in?

We can watch the game tonight and see if the refs allow scheyer to hand check and push delaney to half court like the refs let him do to Vasquez. If they aren't calling it they should give scheyer defensive player of the year since he can shut everyone down with his overwhelming defense and athleticism.

As far as Coach K's coaching goes... he has Zoubek out there flopping the whole game and falling all over the place even though he is the biggest player on the court 99% of the time. That's great big man coaching. Why teach your players to play real defense when they can hand check/hold/grab and flop and get all the calls. That's why they suck when they get in the tourney and then the nba. With Boozer being the exception because he got to Utah and played for Jerry Sloan.

Why teach your players to play real defense when they can hand check/hold/grab and flop and get all the calls. That's why they suck when they get in the tourney and then the nba. With Boozer being the exception because he got to Utah and played for Jerry Sloan.

Elton Brand says "hey".

This defense of dook is making me feel dirty. I need to stop. :P

You mean the guy who had a very up-and-down career in LA, screwed over his best friend to take a top-dollar deal in Philadelphia and immediately disappeared?

Not a good choice for your defense ;)

Until he went to Philly, he was a double-double machine in the NBA. I'm not talking about people who are perennial all-stars. I'm talking about big men who have careers of value at a professional level.

Not defending what he did, but you can't question the fact that the man has had significant value in the NBA.

Archived