Pie continues to impress

ChaosLex

Felix Pie also put on an impressive display. He launched one ball onto a stairwell beyond the right field fence, and a gusting wind knocked down another drive.

Pie is becoming one of the liveliest and funniest guys in the clubhouse. His personality has done a 180 from last spring, when he barely spoke to anyone.

http://masnsports.com/2010/02/an-afternoon-notes-snack.html

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One cannot help but wonder if perhaps Pie is indeed a budding superstar every bit as much as Adam Jones? If so, they really really, need to get Reimold to switch to first base and if he can't maybe even consider moving Markakis to first base as he is left handed and athletic enough to make the switch I believe.

One cannot help but wonder if perhaps Pie is indeed a budding superstar every bit as much as Adam Jones? If so, they really really, need to get Reimold to switch to first base and if he can't maybe even consider moving Markakis to first base as he is left handed and athletic enough to make the switch I believe.

Moving Markakis to 1st is silly. Moving Reimold to DH so that Jones can play LF (he was originially a corner OFer in Seattle) and Pie can play CF is a great plan.

Neither will happen. This organization has pigeon-holed itself into 11 losing seasons, and will pigeon hole their outfield personnel as well. Jones in CF or bust!

Moving Markakis to 1st is silly. Moving Reimold to DH so that Jones can play LF (he was originially a corner OFer in Seattle) and Pie can play CF is a great plan.

Neither will happen. This organization has pigeon-holed itself into 11 losing seasons, and will pigeon hole their outfield personnel as well. Jones in CF or bust!

I agree with this.

C - Wieters

1B - Atkins

2B - BRob

SS - Izturis

3B - Tejada

LF - Jones

CF - Pie

RF - Kakes

DH - Reimold

That's a pretty darn potent lineup.

This is quite misleading. Jones was a centerfielder in the minor leagues and until last year, his defense rapidly improved every year since he was converted from short. He just happened to get a couple of cups of coffee in the organization that has friggin' Ichiro in center.

It's debatable whether or not he'll give us better defense going forward than Pie, but you make him sound like he's David DeJesus in that sentence.

Sounds like you are the one that is pigeon-holed by this post. Why not see what this season brings first before being such a downer. Then you can have at the, "I told you so's" late in the season and sound like a champion.

Comparing Pie's potential to Jones' is a little far fetched.

IMO, Jones' potential is more like a Kirby Puckett whereas Pie's potential might be more like Carl Crawford.

Both may have great potential but they aren't the same type of player. Jones has more power and more slugging whereas Pie has the speed to steel a lot more.

Comparing Pie's potential to Jones' is a little far fetched.

IMO, Jones' potential is more like a Kirby Puckett whereas Pie's potential might be more like Carl Crawford.

Both may have great potential but they aren't the same type of player. Jones has more power and more slugging whereas Pie has the speed to steel a lot more.

Jones had a .457 SLG last season compared to Pie's .437

In the minors Jones put up a .476 compared to Pie's .470.

I don't think comparing Pie's and Jones' potential is far-fetched at all. Obviously Jones is ahead of Pie at this point, but I believe Pie has as much potential as anyone on this team not named Wieters.

Jones had a .457 SLG last season compared to Pie's .437

In the minors Jones put up a .476 compared to Pie's .470.

I don't think comparing Pie's and Jones' potential is far-fetched at all. Obviously Jones is ahead of Pie at this point, but I believe Pie has as much potential as anyone on this team not named Wieters.

I will still take Markakis for overall potential. However, Pie showed plenty of power last year. 9 HR in 252 AB. I have little doubt that he could be a 20-25 HR guy if he played every day.

Moving Markakis to first is such a waste of his arm...the man continually has good showings in outfield assists year after year. I would have no problem with Reimold making the switch, however.

I will still take Markakis for overall potential. However, Pie showed plenty of power last year. 9 HR in 252 AB. I have little doubt that he could be a 20-25 HR guy if he played every day.

I still would say Wieters has more potential than Markakis or any hitter on the team. After Wieters I'd say Markakis, Pie, Jones, and Reimold all have similar potential with Markakis the most likely to reach it considering he's done it before (.897 OPS in '08).

Archived