MLB Team Win totals released

Methodology

I always find it interesting to see what vegas thinks about teams coming into the season.

Arizona- 82

Atlanta- 86.5

Baltimore- 72.5

Boston- 94

Chicago C- 83

Chicago W- 82

Cincinnati- 78

Cleveland- 73

Colorado- 83

Detroit- 81

Florida- 81

Houston- 77

Kansas City- 71

LA Angels- 84

LA Dodgers- 84

Milwaukee- 80.5

Minnesota- 82

NY Mets- 81

NY Yankees- 94.5

Oakland- 78

Philadelphia- 92

Pittsburgh- 71

St. Louis- 88

San Diego- 71

San Francisco- 83

Seattle- 83

Tampa Bay- 89.5

Texas- 83

Toronto- 71

Washington- 72

The Orioles look like a good bet for the over. Really think they play close to .500 ball this year.

I always find it interesting to see what vegas thinks about teams coming into the season.

The Orioles look like a good bet for the over. Really think they play close to .500 ball this year.

I would be all over the "over."

But better hurry. It probably will start creeping up from 72.5 when reasonably knowledgeable people start taking a look at it.

If we are saying (HERE) that a lot would have to go right for us to play .500 ball (which I agree with), then this projection appears to be right on--if viewed without orange-colored glasses. Fans are always optimistic (hence fanatics). Expect some drop off from fan expectations--whether it is an injury, a subpar year, less development from the kids than expected, etc.

This thread is a little too optimistic and will lead to the inevitable panic threads later in the year. I'm super excited about this season, but we aren't going to play .500 ball. I expect anywhere from a 65- to 75-win season. I'd be much less surprised if this estimate proved to be optimistic, than I would for it to be pessimistic. We are talking about a HUGE jump in wins. It's hard to do. In know if has been done, but no one would have been smart to expect it. Baby steps.

As long as the improvement is consistent, at any rate, I can't complain (although sooner would be nicer than later).

Archived