Rosenthal Re-aligns MLB

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the best solution is to move the Rays and Marlins out of Florida and move the Marlins to Brooklyn and the Rays to Manchester, NH. Florida is not ripe for MLB other than ST.

AL East:

Baltimore

Boston

Manchester

New York

Toronto

NL East:

Atlanta

Brooklyn

New York

Philadelphia

Washington

Boston and the Mets and Yankees can squawk all they want but that's 3 votes against 27 others.

Boston would lose the majority of NH and VT fans to the Manchester team and some Maine fans as well, though my guess is most would stick with Boston.

The Mets and Yankees would lose share to the Brooklyn team.

To me the best solution is to move the Rays and Marlins out of Florida and move the Marlins to Brooklyn and the Rays to Manchester, NH. Florida is not ripe for MLB other than ST.

AL East:

Baltimore

Boston

Manchester

New York

Toronto

NL East:

Atlanta

Brooklyn

New York

Philadelphia

Washington

Boston and the Mets and Yankees can squawk all they want but that's 3 votes against 27 others.

Boston would lose the majority of NH and VT fans to the Manchester team and some Maine fans as well, though my guess is most would stick with Boston.

The Mets and Yankees would lose share to the Brooklyn team.

Brooklyn would make sense I guess.

But Manchester, New Hampshire????

That's about the 176th place that would get an MLB team if they moved Tampa.

Really? You think fans that have rooted for the Red Sox their whole lives are all of a sudden going to root for the Manchester Rays? That's crazy.

The Red Sox own the Northeast. There is no place that will have enough local interest to move a team to. It's like when the put the Rays in Tampa, they just assumed all those Yankees fans in Tampa would switch over. How'd that work out?

Brooklyn would make sense I guess.

That's about the 176th place that would get an MLB team if they moved Tampa.

Really? You think fans that have rooted for the Red Sox their whole lives are all of a sudden going to root for the Manchester Rays? That's crazy.

The Red Sox own the Northeast. There is no place that will have enough local interest to move a team to. It's like when the put the Rays in Tampa, they just assumed all those Yankees fans in Tampa would switch over. How'd that work out?

The Red Sox only own the Northeast because there was no other option. NE fans love baseball, and I bet they'd support another team in northern NE.

Manchester is a growing city, rated #13 in the country by CNNMoney in 2009 for the best place to start a business. Forbes rated it #1 for the region in cheapest places to live. It is also the largest city north of Boston.

Hey, the new team would save a bundle on cheap plane travel!

My idea is to rotate the Yanks and Red Sox from division to division annually to force every AL team to be miserable at least 1 out of 3 years. :D

You rank each teams finish in the regular season from the previous year and put them in this order. (15 teams for each divison...no interleague play)

Here is what the 2010 division would look like for the AL.

AL Divison 1 "Cobb"

1st (NYY)

6th (DET)

7th (SEA)

12th (CLE)

13th (KCR)

AL Divison 2 "Ruth"

2nd (LAA)

5th (MIN)

8th (TBR)

11th (TOR)

14th (BAL)

AL Divison 3 "Joe D"

3rd (BOS)

4th (TEX)

9th (CHW)

10th (OAK)

15th (Nationals)

NL Divison Names would be "Aaron, Mays, and Morgan" (best NL players of all time that came to my mind) Wasn't suppose to be White/Black just seem to work out that way...weird.

To truly make it fair the teams would have to share revenues and put hard caps on both MLB teams and draft/international signings.

I've given this some thought. This couldn't happen now, but maybe a decade or so.

Expand the league to 32 teams. Move TB to the Northeast (Conn/Brooklyn/NJ). Re-align like football. Four divisions of four in each league. No wildcard. Expansion places could be Indiana and Portland

I like the idea of using names instead of geography like tycobb had. I'd use four players and four contributers (Ruth, Robinson, Clemente, and Big Train). I haven't thought about the contributers much, but maybe Landis, Doubleday, Flood, and someone else.

AL:

NYY

Rays

BOS

TOR

Balt

Indy

Cleveland

Detroit

Texas

White Sox

KC

Minnesota

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

LAD

NL:

NYM

PHI

DC

Florida

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Cincinnati

Colorado

Houston

St Louis

Cubs

Dodgers

Pads

Giants

Diamondbacks

Realignment will come, and it will come when they expand to 32 teams. It's basically known that Portland is getting a team. The question then comes who else. I know Carolina has interest, and so does Tenn. However so do a few more west teams. I don't think it really matters where you put the other team. Unfortunatly MLB like the NFL wouldn't split up their money making/historic rivals (Was-Dal) despite the location and money aspects of the two teams.

Bal Cin

Tor NYM

NYY Phil

Bos Pitt

Minn Chi

Clev Stl

Det Mil

Chi Col

TB Mia

KC Was

Tex Atl

Car/Ten Hou

Port SD

Oak SF

LAA LA

Sea Ari

That's how I see they do it so they can keep the rivals they want to keep together, form some new ones, and keep travel costs down.

The Red Sox only own the Northeast because there was no other option. NE fans love baseball, and I bet they'd support another team in northern NE.

Manchester is a growing city, rated #13 in the country by CNNMoney in 2009 for the best place to start a business. Forbes rated it #1 for the region in cheapest places to live. It is also the largest city north of Boston.

LOL. This is hilarious.

The best place to start a business?? Yeah, maybe a maple syrup conglomerate. Not a Major League Baseball team.

The largest city north of Boston? Who cares? Key West is the largest city south of Miami, maybe we should put a team there too.

But Forbes rated as the cheapest place to live! Let's move a baseball team there!

NE people love the Red Sox. Not a crappy team that got dumped into a town with NO CHANCE of supporting a baseball team.

Look, I know you live in Maine, so you are biased to the area up there, but there is just no chance a team is moving to Manchester. Which professional sports team are looking to move to New Hampshire?

I can see a team moving to Brooklyn. I can see them putting one in New Jersey. Hell, I could MAYBE even see them putting one in Connecticut, although I find that highly unlikely.

I can tell you, with all certainty, that there is a 0% chance they put a team in New Hampshire. Not happening, and it's laughable to even suggest it.

I've given this some thought. This couldn't happen now, but maybe a decade or so.

Expand the league to 32 teams. Move TB to the Northeast (Conn/Brooklyn/NJ). Re-align like football. Four divisions of four in each league. No wildcard. Expansion places could be Indiana and Portland

I like the idea of using names instead of geography like tycobb had. I'd use four players and four contributers (Ruth, Robinson, Clemente, and Big Train). I haven't thought about the contributers much, but maybe Landis, Doubleday, Flood, and someone else.

AL:

NYY

Rays

BOS

TOR

Balt

Indy

Cleveland

Detroit

Texas

White Sox

KC

Minnesota

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

LAD

NL:

NYM

PHI

DC

Florida

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Cincinnati

Colorado

Houston

St Louis

Cubs

Dodgers

Pads

Giants

Diamondbacks

I like the AL, but that NL is a geographical mess. Here's my interpretation, although it's not much better.

usofbaseball.jpg

Northeast

NYM

PHI

WAS

PITT

Southeast

ATL

FLA

HOU

STL

Middle East

CIN

MIL

CHI

COL

West

LAD

SAN

SFG

ARI

EDIT: I didn't create that map, although it's an awesome desktop background, and I wish I did.

LOL. This is hilarious.

The best place to start a business?? Yeah, maybe a maple syrup conglomerate. Not a Major League Baseball team.

The largest city north of Boston? Who cares? Key West is the largest city south of Miami, maybe we should put a team there too.

But Forbes rated as the cheapest place to live! Let's move a baseball team there!

NE people love the Red Sox. Not a crappy team that got dumped into a town with NO CHANCE of supporting a baseball team.

Look, I know you live in Maine, so you are biased to the area up there, but there is just no chance a team is moving to Manchester. Which professional sports team are looking to move to New Hampshire?

I can see a team moving to Brooklyn. I can see them putting one in New Jersey. Hell, I could MAYBE even see them putting one in Connecticut, although I find that highly unlikely.

I can tell you, with all certainty, that there is a 0% chance they put a team in New Hampshire. Not happening, and it's laughable to even suggest it.

If a team moves there, maybe he'll switch.

Archived