The Epicness that is #22 Maryland vs #4 Duke (Game Thread)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great win for the Terps and another great basketball game. The Terps refused to break when Duke put the pressure on. The seed keeps rising gentlemen. Big job from Jordan Williams, and great surge by Adrian Bowie. Down goes Duke.

Gary with 4 guards down the stretch. Grevis ACC POY and gary ACC coach of the year.

I love this team.

Fantastic game to watch. I wasn't surprised at all to see Mayland win this one on Senior Night. Down the stretch, the emotion of the crowd (and Vasquez) carried them, and Duke's legs were just a little tired.

I think if they play again in the ACC Tournament Duke will win by 8 or 10 points, though.

This calls for a nice single malt!

Rather be drinking Yuengling at the Fe, but I'll take it.

ACC Tourney rematch? It is getting crazy.

And the highlights! Two posterize dunks plus GV can't miss at the end.

Fantastic game to watch. I wasn't surprised at all to see Mayland win this one on Senior Night. Down the stretch, the emotion of the crowd (and Vasquez) carried them, and Duke's legs were just a little tired.

I think if they play again in the ACC Tournament Duke will win by 8 or 10 points, though.

That's a reasonable opinion. If they play in the tourney, Duke will probably be favored by 6-8 points in Vegas. These two teams have separated themselves in conference. It'll take a minor upset to prevent another match-up.

With 6 or 7 minutes left, Sports Guy posted, "Big key from here on out will be if either team, particularly MD, starts to tire some."

My thought right away was that the energy of the crowd would absolutely carry the Terps down the stretch. Fatigue would not be a factor because of the home crowd.

I really think fatigue is a little over rated with college kids. These kids live for an atmosphere like tonight. Also Gary was able to give GV and EH a good rest when Bowie led a charge so both were fresher down the stretch.

Maryland has held tough in similar games this year and won the last 4 minutes again.

Go Terps.

Archived