Pomeranz impressing...other guys are not

MSU Lefty Dew Pomeranz has been outstanding his first 3 starts. 17 IP 28 K's. The 6'5 230 lb may move up into the top 5 if he keeps this up.

Other notable college guys are struggling- Shortstops Christian Colon and Rick Hague are hitting around .200. Raynaudo is hurt. Dyson has been so-so.

3 starts- 22 ip 3 bb 25 K's 0.82 ERA.

and of course, Bryce Harper is just knocking the daylights out of the ball in JUCO. 4-4 with his 6th HR today. Yikes. No chance he doesn't go #1 overall if he keeps this up....

and of course, Bryce Harper is just knocking the daylights out of the ball in JUCO. 4-4 with his 6th HR today. Yikes. No chance he doesn't go #1 overall if he keeps this up....

Doc, make that 7 for 8 in the doubleheader with 2 HR's and 2 doubles - oh that he slips, please please please please.

Season's line to date - .408/.500/.831 - 10 2B's, 1 3B, 6 HRs and 20 RBI in 71 AB's - also 14 BB's agianst 17 K's.

I like McGuire. I like his frame and repertoire. If Harper & Taillon go #1 & 2, Ranaudo's injury is still in people's minds, and none of the other high schoolers distinguish themselves from the others, I could see McGuire jumping up into the top 5. He's off to a dominant start.

Is anyone else worried that Pomeranz has been overworked? Didn't Ole Miss ride him pretty hard during the playoffs last year? And it doesn't seem like they're taking it easy on him this spring either.

Archived