Vasquez and Williams Earn ACC POY and COY!

No argument from this Dukie. I think this was one of Williams' best coaching jobs in his years at Maryland. I think Scheyer's a close 2nd for POY, but Vasquez deserves the honor because he was more important to his team IMO.

If there was still any question as to whether or not Vasquez should have his #21 retired to the rafters, this should erase it. He's been frustrating at times to watch during his career, but his importance and impact can not be disputed. This is the icing on the cake.

No argument from this Dukie. I think this was one of Williams' best coaching jobs in his years at Maryland. I think Scheyer's a close 2nd for POY, but Vasquez deserves the honor because he was more important to his team IMO.

I thought he was a close second too, but if that article is correct... it looked like Vasquez won it rather easily.

39 votes to 12. Surprising to me.

Mackus is Amish, so celebrating it for longer than one victory seems ostentatious to him. All the other victories on the way to the championship will be considered work, not celebration.

Give him a break. The man only has so many couches to light on fire.

These past two seasons may have been gary's greatest coaching job of his career. Not hearing too many people talk about recruiting top recruits anymore. We've had 2 Mcdonalds all americans since like 1998 and UNC has like 7 on this years team. Obviously his way can work. I just hope that if we have a down year next year that people wont be calling for his job again.

Archived