I think these guys know that they aren't going to get to the majors by playing lousy defense. No need to send that message, it is very obvious.

Maybe it's not, and that is the problem. Maybe these guys think they can get away with things because it's "just Spring Training."

MacPhail has already delivered the message that performance, especially defensive performance in ST matters, and Trembley needs to back that up.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are over-exaggerating again.

I am not saying Bell is a slack off, but he's a 23 year old professional ballplayer who has money in the bank and a ton of hype by his club. To think there is absolutely no shred of ego, or no sense of entitlement at all in this kid's mind is pretty naive IMO.

How much money does he have in the bank? Does he even have enough for a really good down payment on a house?

I bet he would like to be a MLer and have a ton more money.

Had we given Holliday 140 million, how do we know that he wouldn't have gotten his big pay day, gotten complacent and not been good at all?

Well he might of, and then I'd expect Trembley to drop the hammer on him just like he would a 23 year old.

There should be no difference. Any player that is trying to be a major leaguer needs to be held to a certain standard of performance regardless of status or hype.

You are over-exaggerating again.

I am not saying Bell is a slack off, but he's a 23 year old professional ballplayer who has money in the bank and a ton of hype by his club. To think there is absolutely no shred of ego, or no sense of entitlement at all in this kid's mind is pretty naive IMO.

It's mind-blowing that a two-error game on March 9th has become a diatribe about Josh Bell being an overhyped prospect hung up on his own ego who needs to have "the hammer dropped on him." Mind-blowing that a rational human being who's actually watched and studied baseball for more than three seconds could suggest this kind of crap.

This may be a new low even for you, and that's saying A LOT.

It's mind-blowing that a two-error game on March 9th has become a diatribe about Josh Bell being an overhyped prospect hung up on his own ego who needs to have "the hammer dropped on him." Mind-blowing that a rational human being who's actually watched and studied baseball for more than three seconds could suggest this kind of crap.

Link? Source???? ;)

Glad to see you haven't stopped blowing my points out of proportion to try to prove your point... :rolleyestf:

Nowhere have I suggested Josh Bell is an overhyped prospect hung up on his own ego. Not once.

Errors so far: Blake Davis (2), Bell (2), Moeller (2), Wigginton, Abreu, Tejada. Kill them all!

Do you think Blake Davis knows he has to play good defense if he wants to have any prayer of ever making it to the major leagues? Put the hammer down on him!

Archived