That's all I'm saying, and people are twisting it into "JTrea thinks Josh Bell is a lazy malcontent," which is complete fiction.

But is nevertheless what you said. (Reference Drungo's abstract of all your word for word statements in their original context).

Perhaps an English as a Second Language Course could help? Oh sure, you can learn to speak it by watching T.V. but to really comprehend the nuances and range of the language you do need a grounding in grammar, sentence construction and syntax.

Where do you hail from originally anyway? Do your parents speak english or do they still communicate in the language of the old country?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just used Bell as an example, but it could apply to any Oriole player be it Craig Tatum or Brian Matusz.

So you don't think there's a problem with Bell? You were just using his name as a placeholder in your hypothetical, broad general statement about the nature of professional baseball players and their relationship to the coaching staff and management?

O.K. I get it now. I guess I was confused by all the specific references to Bell in the numerous, repetitive, seemingly endless posts you made. Again, I think it comes down to mainly a language thing with almost all of us being native speakers and you apparently growing up speaking another tongue. In the future when you don't mean to refer to the attributes of a specific player, aka Josh Bell, for example, perhaps it would be helpful if you just said something like "Player A" or "all players." This will convey to the reader that what you're describing is not unique, specific or otherwise descriptive of a certain player in particular but simply a "universal truth" about the make up of all baseball players.

I had a professor in graduate school who was originally from the Netherlands by the name of Henri J.M. Nouwen. I helped edit one of his books one summer - and even though he was a fairly famous writer in English, and had lived in this country for many years, he still would get tripped up on the odd idiom here or there. Obviously something similar is going on here.

Language barrier aside you really do remarkably well.

What I am saying is that every professional baseball player has some bit of ego or feelings of complacency IMO, even if it's only a tiny bit. It's naive to think they don't.

Now that may not be a bad thing because you want guys to feel confident and sure of their abilities and place, but if those levels increase for any reason so they are a problem, Spring Training is the time to take care of that once and for all, and it's Trembley's job to do it as he said he would.

I just used Bell as an example, but it could apply to any Oriole player be it Craig Tatum or Brian Matusz.

That's all I'm saying, and people are twisting it into "JTrea thinks Josh Bell is a lazy malcontent," which is complete fiction.

The mere fact that you are even bringing this up is bs though.

It really has no relevance to anything....Not sure what your real point is but its not some level headed idea about the ego of players.

What I am saying is that every professional baseball player has some bit of ego or feelings of complacency IMO, even if it's only a tiny bit. It's naive to think they don't.

Now that may not be a bad thing because you want guys to feel confident and sure of their abilities and place, but if those levels increase for any reason so they are a problem, Spring Training is the time to take care of that once and for all, and it's Trembley's job to do it as he said he would.

I have a suggestion: Why don't you just admit you were wrong.

This junk happens all the time: you say something that's downright stupid, and then when people point it out, there's several pages of BS while you jump through hoops trying to make it sound like you were really right when you weren't, and everybody else is wrong. It would be better for everybody if you would just grow up enough that you could just man-up and say, "Ooops. Good point. I was wrong about that." But instead, you just dig in and endlessly jerk everybody around...

I have a suggestion: Why don't you just admit you were wrong.

This junk happens all the time: you say something that's downright stupid, and then when people point it out, there's several pages of BS while you jump through hoops trying to make it sound like you were really right when you weren't, and everybody else is wrong. It would be better for everybody if you would just grow up enough that you could just man-up and say, "Ooops. Good point. I was wrong about that." But instead, you just dig in and endlessly jerk everybody around...

Because I'm not wrong and instead of actually reading what I wrote, people are twisting my words and trying to argue I'm making a point that I am not trying to make because they can't see past their bias against me.

Because I'm not wrong and instead of actually reading what I wrote, people are twisting my words and trying to argue I'm making a point that I am not trying to make because they can't see past their bias against me.

Dude, no one is twisting your words. They don't have to.

YOU can't see past your bias against MacPhail, Trembley, anyone who is in Scott Moore's way, Tex, Holliday, anyone but college hitting prospects, and patience.

Dude, no one is twisting your words. They don't have to.

YOU can't see past your bias against MacPhail, Trembley, anyone who is in Scott Moore's way, Tex, Holliday, college hitting prospects, and patience.

I have shown no bias in this thread whatsoever, but yet people are implying that I am. I don't see it.

I am just bringing up the fact that Trembley has said that he wanted to crack down this ST if certain things occured such as poor defensive performace. And they have.

And there is a possiblity that complacency and ego have lead to the poor defensive performance. And if that is the case then Trembley needs to do what he said he was going to do, and the problem needs to be fixed in ST so it doesn't linger into the season and beyond.

Nobody needs to be fired or shot or stoned. But Trembley needs to fix the problem now, period by whatever means neccessary. And if he doesn't he will likely not be employed for the entire season.

That is my point.

I will say the defense looked pretty good tonight, so hopefully things have been "tightened up."

There is a possibility that I might find a million dollars on the way home from work.

Both that and your 'point' have the same basis in fact. None.

You show bias in every thread. You don't think so, everyone else does. Its nothing we didn't know already. Thanks for the show, this thread was hilarious. Please don't stop on my account.

I have shown no bias in this thread whatsoever, but yet people are implying that I am.

This has got to be an act. Come on, fess up. You're sitting up there in Maine (or wherever you really are), giggling like a teenage girl because you've got people believing that that you mean the inane crap you say. You're really what they call a Performance Artist, aren't you? Did you have an account with another ISP where you pulled off the Bikini Armstrong scam too? Are you really Bikini Trea?

Wow. Why do you think that so many people, who are often on opposite sides of so many other issues... are all united in some "bias" against you?

Does it not stop and give you pause when the owner of the site, and moderators, and people as diverse as RShack and Sports Guy all seem to share the same opinion of you?

You accuse people of constantly "twisting your words." Isn't it possible that your words just don't make any sense? Isn't it possible that its not everybody else? Isn't it possible that it really is just you?

I'll say it again. Why do you think so many people - some of whom hardly ever agree with each other about anything, all share the same basic opinion of your posts on this board?

I just ignore the stupid anti-Trembley threads because the same cast of characters make up their same ridiculous arguments over and over again.

I'm pretty sure we know the posters that can twist any quote, and I mean any quote into something that can support their same agenda.

It's comical that some people would have any concern (besides injuries) during spring training especially on defense where the errors have been by minor league guys for the most part. If the Orioles had won six straight, I sure wouldn't be getting my plans in order for this October.

The only way Trembley gets fired this year is if the team completely tanks and the clubhouse turns against him. No one can survive four poor seasons regardless of the "plan."

So yes, winning does matter this year for Trembley and I'm as optimistic about this team now as I was when the team opened camp and the only way my optimism will drop is if Roberts' injury ends up worse than being let on.

Tony, what I can not understand is how people put down the role a manager plays when the wins are piling up, but it is all his fault when they lose. The reality is that a lot of guys luck themselves into a good position, but a guy that has toiled in the minors for 20 years before getting his break can not be considered one of them.

The Orioles have let a lot of managers walk over the last decade and I can not begin to tell you who was good and who was bad. I just saw a lot of mistakes from players that would be backups on other teams. It is funny how good players having good years can make managers look really good.

I have shown no bias in this thread whatsoever, but yet people are implying that I am. I don't see it.

I am just bringing up the fact that Trembley has said that he wanted to crack down this ST if certain things occured such as poor defensive performace. And they have.

And there is a possiblity that complacency and ego have lead to the poor defensive performance. And if that is the case then Trembley needs to do what he said he was going to do, and the problem needs to be fixed in ST so it doesn't linger into the season and beyond.

Nobody needs to be fired or shot or stoned. But Trembley needs to fix the problem now, period by whatever means neccessary. And if he doesn't he will likely not be employed for the entire season.

That is my point.

I will say the defense looked pretty good tonight, so hopefully things have been "tightened up."

Put yourself in DT shoes? How do you fix poor play on the defensive end? Trembley can put a guy out there and hit him a thousand balls, he can bench guys, he can rip them a new one, or try to boost their confidence. He can not release a guy and to some extent there are not even viable options for most starters to be threatened. DT can't fine a guy for poor performance last time I checked. At some point players need to be responsible for their own actions in game situations. When you coach a baseball team in college or high school you can drop a guy if he isn't performing up to your level of expectations. In the ML's the GM is the one who will do the dropping and I can't imagine MacPhail wanting to do that at this point.

If Roberts is out for an extended period of time then expect this team which currently has a very tough schedule for the first 6 weeks of the season to really struggle. Adding Tejada and Atkins doesn't make up for the loss of a guy like Roberts. So I ask again, what would you do to fix it?

This thread has been a pleasure to read. Trea makes direct and specific comments about Bell, and Trembley's lack of "bringing down the hammer" but then says we are all twisting his words. Arch enemies Shack and SG and all the rest combine to point out the flaws in Trea's comments, and yet he still tries (unsuccessfully) to defend himself. And then Shack defines very specifically why some posters are allowed to be criticized (within board rules, of course). That post from Shack should be stickied somewhere and referenced about once a week when needed, like a footnote or something! :laughlol:

But seriously, this thread, while causing me to :bangwall: has also given me great enjoyment for the last half hour! :clap3:

Archived