ACC Tourney thread

Just like teams winning 6 of 7 to end the season getting in over a team losing 5 of 7, I think it works the same way for the first line. If they only lost that tourney game, fine. But I think losing two in a row might be a little much, especially without having any wins in between.

Meanwhile, if three teams win out through Saturday/Sunday that are -close- to better than Syracuse, I'd take them on the first line before the Orange.

That's the thing. There are only two teams that are close to or better than Syracuse: Kentucky and Kansas. Anyway, JMO and what I think the committee will do.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just like teams winning 6 of 7 to end the season getting in over a team losing 5 of 7, I think it works the same way for the first line. If they only lost that tourney game, fine. But I think losing two in a row might be a little much, especially without having any wins in between.

Meanwhile, if three teams win out through Saturday/Sunday that are -close- to better than Syracuse, I'd take them on the first line before the Orange.

Total body of work and the eye test say Cuse is a 1 seed.

The only 1 seed that has any chance of losing that spot is Duke and I am not even sure that chance is all that great.

Total body of work and the eye test say Cuse is a 1 seed.

The only 1 seed that has any chance of losing that spot is Duke and I am not even sure that chance is all that great.

I think Duke's #1 is dependent on a few things. If they lose and Purdue/Ohio St. win the Big 10, or even West Va. wins the Big East I could see Duke falling to a 2. Remember the ACC is weak this year, and W. Va. has been hot lately.

I think Duke's #1 is dependent on a few things. If they lose and Purdue/Ohio St. win the Big 10, or even West Va. wins the Big East I could see Duke falling to a 2. Remember the ACC is weak this year, and W. Va. has been hot lately.

Duke has arguably the best resume of any team in the country....The most top 50 RPI wins, most games against top 100 RPI...#2 RPI...#1 in the conference, ending the season in a high note, etc....

I wonder how the committee would treat them if they lost two in a row with a couple of wins in between...lol:D

I really like what I see from Duke. Thomas and Zoubek do what they do well and don't try to do too much. The bench can be dangerous. The big three are just tough players. Scheyer and Singler both had a tough first half and they just kept fighting and fighting and fighting. I think Duke goes far this year.

I didn't watch this game, but looking at the box score, it must have been a pretty ugly game. I think Duke has become a much more dangerous team over the last six weeks, because Zoubek's play has improved tremendously since he was inserted into the starting lineup. He's rebounding and defending very well and is actually contibuting the occasional put-back or point blank shot on offense, as opposed to before when it seemed that the Plumlees and he were doing nothing but taking up space and using up their collective 15 fouls on the other team's big men. So, I agree this could be a year where Duke goes pretty far, especially since there is no super-team out there.

I'm really hoping for a Duke - Maryland final in this tourney. I'm pretty sure Duke will hold up its end of the bargain tomorrow.

Archived