Mora Likes Tracy's Plan to use him everywhere

treasure07

Melvin Mora tells Carlos Valmore Rodriguez at Lider en Deportes that he relishes Rockies manager Jim Tracy's plan to use him all over the infield and outfield, as it gives the 38-year-old "nostalgia for the excitement I used to feel when I arrived in the majors and did everything."

Mora says he was in discussion with the Red Sox, Mets, Rangers, Mariners and Blue Jays during the winter but chose the Rockies because he saw there his best opportunity to return to the playoffs.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/latin-links-ortiz-tejada-mora-guzman.html

I find it interesting that Mora believes that the Rockies gives him the best opportunity to return to the playoffs. What do y'all think?

Melvin Mora tells Carlos Valmore Rodriguez at Lider en Deportes that he relishes Rockies manager Jim Tracy's plan to use him all over the infield and outfield, as it gives the 38-year-old "nostalgia for the excitement I used to feel when I arrived in the majors and did everything."

Mora says he was in discussion with the Red Sox, Mets, Rangers, Mariners and Blue Jays during the winter but chose the Rockies because he saw there his best opportunity to return to the playoffs.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/latin-links-ortiz-tejada-mora-guzman.html

I find it interesting that Mora believes that the Rockies gives him the best opportunity to return to the playoffs. What do y'all think?

Since the other talks were prolly about minor league contracts with spring training invites, he might well be right.

He would of moaned and groaned about it last year, if Trembley tried to do that...saying he felt slighted.

My thoughts exactly. He lobbied pretty hard to have a permanent position. Now that's in obvious decline, he's a complete team player again?

It is certainly a playoff caliber team, and I don't recall a spring training with this much optimism for Colorado, since the Blake Street bomber era (which only yielded one playoff team).

He certainly has been saying all the right things, and I do expect him to play a couple spots, but I think he is the veteran back-up if the Rox pick up a couple injuries.

Maybe he will be willing to be a closer too, since Street is likely to miss the first week or so of the season.

Overall, it is just a bit weird to see Mora here and Atkins there, all without a trade.

-Don

My thoughts exactly. He lobbied pretty hard to have a permanent position. Now that's in obvious decline, he's a complete team player again?

I look at it as he was hardheaded with us last year. Now he finally realizes he can't quite cut it anymore as a regular. Good for him and good luck. I hope he extends his career and even gets to the playoffs. Especially in the NL he would be a GREAT player off the bench.

If he's still the same Mora, he'll like the plan that Tracy suggests...until it's actually put into place. Then, he'll whine and pout about it saying he should be starting.

If he does, he should rent and not buy anything in the area. Any player who seems to talk "I" over team the last 4-5 years is sent on their way. And in a hurry.

-Don

Archived