Coaching changes

beaner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul Hewitt and Dino Gaudio would like to throw their hats into the ring on this one.

Agreed, I love "Dr. FLK", one of my favorite posters on the board, but I can't recall Clemson getting any McDonald's guys, or ever having that much talent. I think Purnell gets a lot out of guys to be honest. Can't seem to win a game in postseason, but I think he's a good coach. No NBA players on that roster the past few years unless my mind has gone blank (which is certainly possible).

Hewitt gets big recruits every year, yet they're normally a disappointment I can think of plenty of his guys playing in the league right now (Jack, Morrow, Young, Crittendon, Favors soon)..And Gaudio, well, he's just overmatched, even with Aminu, Jeff Teague, and James Johnson.

Agreed, I love "Dr. FLK", one of my favorite posters on the board, but I can't recall Clemson getting any McDonald's guys, or ever having that much talent. I think Purnell gets a lot out of guys to be honest. Can't seem to win a game in postseason, but I think he's a good coach. No NBA players on that roster the past few years unless my mind has gone blank (which is certainly possible).
I think Purnell is an excellent preparation coach. He gets his team to play a style that works for the talent he has, and he gets everyone to buy into his plan.

He's not the best in-game coach, and when things start spiraling away from his gameplan, he has a tough time reeling things back in and making adjustments.

I think Purnell is an excellent preparation coach. He gets his team to play a style that works for the talent he has, and he gets everyone to buy into his plan.

He's not the best in-game coach, and when things start spiraling away from his gameplan, he has a tough time reeling things back in and making adjustments.

Ok, that's fair. They buy in, and are usually pretty successful, until they get to that "next level", the postseason. It all goes downhill from there.

Paul Hewitt and Dino Gaudio would like to throw their hats into the ring on this one.

Hewitt gets big recruits every year, yet they're normally a disappointment I can think of plenty of his guys playing in the league right now (Jack, Morrow, Young, Crittendon, Favors soon)..And Gaudio, well, he's just overmatched, even with Aminu, Jeff Teague, and James Johnson.

Ok, ok...I can agree that there are worse coaches. But, if I had an NCAA tournament game to lose, I'm calling up Purnell. Every year he seems to have athletic big men and good 3PT shooters. Every year there seam to be people excited about Clemson making a deep run in the tournament. And every year Purnell makes sure he's home in time to watch the 2nd round games on his big screen.

Archived