Surprised? Roch say it's Hernandez and Tatum

ConnO'sFan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see we are frustrating players before the season even starts.

This is just ridiculous. The coaching staff decided that Tatum was better for the team than Moeller. What does it matter that a few players didn't agree with it? Do you think they should have re-signed Millar because he was a clubhouse favorite? Do you think the players know better than the coaches who should be on the major league club?

This is nonsense. First a thread about the back-up middle infielder and now the back-up catcher. With all the legitimate complaints surrounding this organization, you make a pet project out of the most inane and barely defensible. You really go to bat for your opinions and I admire your determination, but this is just silly.

I'll give you one thing: Only 8 catchers in MLB last year started 120+ games at Catcher, but I must say, Wieters should get at least that many, barring injury.

And this matters how?

I like Moeller and would have liked him to make the team, but this is Wieter's team. Datz was brought in because he is meant to tutor Wieters, so that makes Moeller redundant.

I am wondering how much the arrival of Datz had to do with Moeller not making the club. If Trembley and Datz wanted the most influence over the direction of Wieters development then taking Moeller out of the equation certainly helps that. I know nothing about how much influence Moeller had over Wieters and whether it was in line with what Datz wants to see happen with Wieters, but it does make me wonder.

It could be the Tatum is simply a better defensive catcher.

And FWIW, I find it hilarious that JTrea is talking about the veteran presence of Moeller, when he absolutely despised Millar, a well regarded clubhouse leader.

Hell, JTrea said something to the extent of "Bye Kevin, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya" in his appreciation thread, much to the ire of fellow O's fans on here. ;)

Archived