Melvin Mora Bunts for the win!

SilentJames

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take it. Gotta love hearing Michael Kay saying, "And the Red Sox are AL East Champions."

Hearing that makes me sick. We lie down for them at OPACY, let their fans invade the park and now we just handed them the AL East crown and knocked our self further down in the draft order. This is going to be like the Teixeira situation all over again, winning meaningless games only to hurt ourselves for the future.

Swell. Wonderful.

Who cares?

We won a meaningless game and screwed ourselves out of a shot at getting Alvarez.

If we had a first-rate scouting department capable of finding the next Vlad or Pujols in the Dominican, it wouldn't be as important to find a premium hitter in the draft.

The O's always win games at the end of the season and it messes up the draft position.

I hope Jordan finds gold with the fourth overall pick next draft.....

:mad:

I agree, it is not the best scenario. But if I have to make a choice, I will always prefer disappointment for Yankees fans.

I hate them both, but at least the Yankees have 26 championships to back up their boasting. The Sox have one in 89 years and now they are God's gift to baseball...

Swell. Wonderful.

Who cares?

We won a meaningless game and screwed ourselves out of a shot at getting Alvarez.

If we had a first-rate scouting department capable of finding the next Vlad or Pujols in the Dominican, it wouldn't be as important to find a premium hitter in the draft.

The O's always win games at the end of the season and it messes up the draft position.

Sorry, but this type of logic makes me sick. What is the point of taking the field if you don't intend to try to win the game?

They beat the Yankees, and on a blown save by Rivera no less. For one night, I'll take it.

Swell. Wonderful.

Who cares?

We weren't going to get Alvarez anyway, winning or losing this game.

And have fun sulking in that corner over there, by the way.

With Alvarez out of the equation, I wouldn't mind seeing us win out the last few games. Top draft picks flame out all the time anyway. It's a crapshoot of the first degree. And I never, ever want to see us deliberately tank games. That is not what baseball is about. If you want to see people tank for a high draft pick, go watch basketball.

Hearing that makes me sick. We lie down for them at OPACY, let their fans invade the park and now we just handed them the AL East crown and knocked our self further down in the draft order. This is going to be like the Teixeira situation all over again, winning meaningless games only to hurt ourselves for the future.

I agree with the draft comment, but I would much rather the Red Sox win the East then the Yankees.

With Alvarez out of the equation, I wouldn't mind seeing us win out the last few games. Top draft picks flame out all the time anyway. It's a crapshoot of the first degree.

Again this isn't just about the first round. The Orioles will now pick lower in every round except for the supplemental making it more likely we can miss out on a player that is on our board. These wins in September mean absolutely nothing positive.

Sorry, but this type of logic makes me sick. What is the point of taking the field if you don't intend to try to win the game?

They beat the Yankees, and on a blown save by Rivera no less. For one night, I'll take it.

NEWSFLASH: the game was meaningless. If you have a vendetta against the Yankees, that's your problem.

I'd rather get swept and humiliated by the Yankees if it means drafting Alvarez and stomping mudholes both New York and Boston's behinds for the next decade.

YOUR kind of thinking makes ME sick.

With Alvarez out of the equation, I wouldn't mind seeing us win out the last few games. Top draft picks flame out all the time anyway. It's a crapshoot of the first degree. And I never, ever want to see us deliberately tank games. That is not what baseball is about. If you want to see people tank for a high draft pick, go watch basketball.

Well said Dr Lev!:)

Archived