Melvin Mora Bunts for the win!

SilentJames

reprise....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEstxNAiy8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEstxNAiy8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again this isn't just about the first round. The Orioles will now pick lower in every round except for the supplemental making it more likely we can miss out on a player that is on our board. These wins in September mean absolutely nothing positive.

It's no use. Most people on the board just don't get it......

Again this isn't just about the first round. The Orioles will now pick lower in every round except for the supplemental making it more likely we can miss out on a player that is on our board. These wins in September mean absolutely nothing positive.

I agree about the 1st round pick (want a polished college hitter!), but when you get into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds there is still alot of talent to be plucked from around the country.

Swell. Wonderful.

Who cares?

We won a meaningless game and screwed ourselves out of a shot at getting Alvarez.

If we had a first-rate scouting department capable of finding the next Vlad or Pujols in the Dominican, it wouldn't be as important to find a premium hitter in the draft.

The O's always win games at the end of the season and it messes up the draft position.

I hope Jordan finds gold with the fourth overall pick next draft.....

:mad:

So are you advocating the forfeiture of all games after a team is eliminated from the playoffs? You're ignoring the fact that we want our players to play well because they're untradeable if they don't, and good trades are just as important, if not more so, than draft position.

It's no use. Most people on the board just don't get it......

They will on draft day when KC or TB takes the player that we wanted in the 4th round that we wanted to drop before us. Jordan is our biggest asset in the FO and we aren't helping him out any...

I hate them both, but at least the Yankees have 26 championships to back up their boasting. The Sox have one in 89 years and now they are God's gift to baseball...

You are mysteriously confused about who the Real Enemy is.

Any Oriole fan knows that the Real Enemy is now, and always has been, the New York Yankees.

The Red Sox are just the Red Sox.

ps: Michael Kay just said that the game woulda turned out differently had it really mattered. Do you believe these guys?

So are you advocating the forfeiture of all games after a team is eliminated from the playoffs? You're ignoring the fact that we want our players to play well because they're untradeable if they don't, and good trades are just as important, if not more so, than draft position.

The players that we want to trade can play well and the team can still lose. I'm not rooting for the team to lose but I'm sure not celebrating when they win.

Hearing that makes me sick. We lie down for them at OPACY, let their fans invade the park and now we just handed them the AL East crown and knocked our self further down in the draft order. This is going to be like the Teixeira situation all over again, winning meaningless games only to hurt ourselves for the future.

Exactly...why win now? these gms are meaningless. They f'd up the entire season, seemingly inventing new ways to lose each night and now they are f'ing up any chance of receiving a high draft (1 or 2) selection; ruining any hope for the future. This team seems to do just enough to remain mediocre. Really, BRob, Miggy, MelMo etc. should be on the bench at this point, allowing the younger guys to play er...throw gms. I mean Mora is diving for balls out of play like it's gm f'n seven of the World Series...go figure when he tanked most of the season.

You are mysteriously confused about who the Real Enemy is.

Any Oriole fan knows that the Real Enemy is now, and always has been, the New York Yankees.

The Red Sox are just the Red Sox.

ps: Michael Kay just said that the game woulda turned out differently had it really mattered. Do you believe these guys?

You aren't exposed to RSN 24/7 to see just how obnoxious those fans are. Try working with them and having to interact with them everyday and then see if you think the same...

Sorry, but this type of logic makes me sick. What is the point of taking the field if you don't intend to try to win the game?

They beat the Yankees, and on a blown save by Rivera no less. For one night, I'll take it.

I agree and for what it is worth you can call me short-sighted, an idiot, a failure to understand "the big picture", whatever. The players take the field to win the game, that is what they have done since little league ball and what they do as professionals. It is ridiculous, absolutely absurd, to think that any one of them is sitting in the batter's box hoping to not get a hit so that we can move up one space in the draft order or not move down; or to expect Dave Trembley to manage for the loss.

I understand the logic behind wanting us to lose out; I really do, but while my mind can debate whether or not a higher draft position best suits us in the long run or whether there will still be a great talent available in the 4th, 5th or 6th pick, my heart leapt out of my chest when Melvin laid down that bunt and I absolutely loved it!

NEWSFLASH: the game was meaningless. If you have a vendetta against the Yankees, that's your problem.

I'd rather get swept and humiliated by the Yankees if it means drafting Alvarez and stomping mudholes both New York and Boston's behinds for the next decade.

YOUR kind of thinking makes ME sick.

Meaning less for you but not for everyone. As I've said before, the meaning of this game is purely subjective. People who think the way they see the world, is the only way for it to be seen make me tired.

When Pedro Alvarez is the Grand Prize, you bet I am.....

This guy will put up Pujols/Manny numbers on a consistent basis.

Archived