Melvin Mora Bunts for the win!

SilentJames

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because people are saying we have lost out on Alvarez, Smoak or Crow.

All i am saying is that we have no idea who we lost out on.

Trust me, i want the highest position we can get but i am just saying that worrying about a certain player right now may not matter later.

Then just assume we're talking about Alvarez, Smoak or Crow as variables. Alvarez just represents whoever's going to be the best pick in the draft. I don't see how it's important, either way we're missing out.

I was expressing an opinion. You went on the attack with 'Tomkingsize Sux' and calling me a 'moron'.

What a great way to show your intellect.

And you brought a completely unnecessary comment into this thread for the sake of trolling.

I'm glad to hear you are willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game for the chance to draft a guy who may never even turn into a major leaguer though. Says a lot about your character.

I think he could be a better version of Huff but with a little less power....More versatile, better fielder and more speed.

Agree???

Absolutely. Lots of Ks but a good eye and a good defender. Kind of reminds me of Crede with a better OBP. Certainly a valuable player, and you can't beat the price.

If you watched this game there's no way you would want them to lose SG. You would have really enjoyed it. Lots of 2-out clutch hits, Trembley strategy paying off, and close calls that went both ways.

We were down 7-2 and getting pummeled...yet, hung in there against a far superior team.

Amen. It was a very interesting and exciting game that the good guys won in dramatic fashion. If you can't enjoy that, you either aren't a baseball fan or you're a terribly miserable human.....like, kicking puppies miserable.

I am not exactly sure who people are mad at here.

The O's played Tike Redman in CF, Payton in left, a rookie who has almost never played 1B at that position, started a retread on the mound and pissed their star player off before the game. Outside of calling a meeting and saying don't win, what else do you want the O's management to do?

I guess they could have started Luis Hernandez tonight, but he would probably have hit another home run.

Are you mad at the players for playing to win?

Maybe you should be mad at the Yankees for blowing the game.

I'm sure it has already been said at least once in this thread, but this is 2000 all over again. Who will be this next year's Chris Smith? Mark my words, we are going to take 2 of 3 or even sweep the Yankees and once again lose out on a chance to take a switch hitting, gold glove 1Bman with great power from the southeast. Stupid, just stupid. This team sucks at everyone, winning, losing, everything. They can't even lose when they need to the most. ....., tell me what good a win at this stage of the game is going to do. TELL ME! All you guys who say we should never cheer for the Orioles to lose, tell me where that got us 7 years ago. In fact, tell me where it has gotten us each of the past 10 years. If you are going to suck like the Orioles do, at least get something out of it. Don't tell me there isn't much of a difference between drafting 2nd and drafting 6th, don't even tell me that. In a year where there are TWO college studs who will hit for power in the bigs at positions we could really use the help at, the Orioles go and basically blow their shot at a Top 2 pick. Unbelievable. When Justin Smoak and/or Pedro Alvarez are in the majors in 2009 and we are keeping the cellar warm because we don't have cleanup hitter, all the while watching Pitcher XYZ fiddling around with a bum shoulder in Frederick, come find me and tell me how happy you are with what's going to unfold this weekend and how much good it's going to do for the organization in the long run. Pointless Win, totally pointless win.

And you brought a completely unnecessary comment into this thread for the sake of trolling.

I'm glad to hear you are willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game for the chance to draft a guy who may never even turn into a major leaguer though. Says a lot about your character.

We'll see where this team is five years from now. Last place, would be my guess.

I'm sure it has already been said at least once in this thread, but this is 2000 all over again. Who will be this next year's Chris Smith? Mark my words, we are going to take 2 of 3 or even sweep the Yankees and once again lose out on a chance to take a switch hitting, gold glove 1Bman with great power from the southeast. Stupid, just stupid. This team sucks at everyone, winning, losing, everything. They can't even lose when they need to the most. All you positive pansies out there, tell me what good a win at this stage of the game is going to do. TELL ME! All you guys who say we should never cheer for the Orioles to lose, tell me where that got us 7 years ago. In fact, tell me where it has gotten us each of the past 10 years. If you are going to suck like the Orioles do, at least get something out of it. Don't tell me there isn't much of a difference between drafting 2nd and drafting 6th, don't even tell me that. In a year where there are TWO college studs who will hit for power in the bigs at positions we could really use the help at, the Orioles go and basically blow their shot at a Top 2 pick. Unbelievable. When Justin Smoak and/or Pedro Alvarez are in the majors in 2009 and we are keeping the cellar warm because we don't have cleanup hitter, all the while watching Pitcher XYZ fiddling around with a bum shoulder in Frederick, come find me and tell me how happy you are with what's going to unfold this weekend and how much good it's going to do for the organization in the long run. Pointless Win, totally pointless win.

If you knew anything about baseball and its draft, you would be well aware that it is downright silly to *count* on a couple draft positions making some kind of big meaningful difference. Who are today's future HOFers? And where were they taken in the draft? How many top-5 picks turned out to be absolute nobodies? Before you dig yourself a deeper hole, maybe you should go look. You can go here and see for yourself: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/draft/index.shtml

Archived