Chris Ray is having a nice spring

Owen21

I guess a change of scenery can make a difference. In five & two-thirds, he has a walk, 7 strikeouts & a 1.59 ERA. However, he was untouchable last spring training. Yet, I hope he can find himself again, & maybe re-sign with us at some point in the future. Good luck & go dominate, except you're allowed to get lit up by the birds !

I guess a change of scenery can make a difference. In five & two-thirds, he has a walk, 7 strikeouts & a 1.59 ERA. However, he was untouchable last spring training. Yet, I hope he can find himself again, & maybe re-sign with us at some point in the future. Good luck & go dominate, except you're allowed to get lit up by the birds !

Yeah, he has no trouble when facing mostly Triple A hitters and spring training wannabes. Let him blow games for the Rangers. I won't miss him in the least. Same as Baez. They were both lousy.:mad:

Yeah, he has no trouble when facing mostly Triple A hitters and spring training wannabes. Let him blow games for the Rangers. I won't miss him in the least. Same as Baez. They were both lousy.:mad:

If Mike Gonzalez, or any reliever, can put up Chris Ray 2005-2006 numbers we should consider ourselves so fortunate. Lousy is far from how I would ever describe Chris Ray.

[/b]

If Mike Gonzalez can put up Chris Ray 2005-2006 numbers we should consider ourselves so fortunate. Lousy is far from how I would ever describe Chris Ray.

Chris Ray had a few good seasons as a set-up man/closer before he got hurt and then lost his confidence. His games against the Yankees always were a disaster. I think a change of scenery will be good for him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed down there or flame out again.

I don't wish he was still here. I just wish him the best...that's all I can say.

[/b]

If Mike Gonzalez can put up Chris Ray 2005-2006 numbers we should consider ourselves so fortunate. Lousy is far from how I would ever describe Chris Ray.

Then you must have missed the majority of his work since just before and since coming back from TJ surgery. That is what I am talking about - not ancient history!

Chris Ray had a few good seasons as a set-up man/closer before he got hurt and then lost his confidence. His games against the Yankees always were a disaster. I think a change of scenery will be good for him. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed down there or flame out again.

I don't wish he was still here. I just wish him the best...that's all I can say.

I agree 100%. I like the guy, and I still root for him and want him to succeed, but the time had come to move on.

But what I don't subscribe to is this rhetoric that he was lousy, or somehow a scrub that couldn't pitch or get an out. Far from it. The guy gave us a couple of solid years of relief pitching, including a fantastic 2006 season as closer, and even his 2007 season was not nearly as bad as some people believe it to be, merely magnified because he was a closer. He wasn't the most talented guy or had the best arsenal of pitches, but give me "Chris Ray" numbers any day of the week.

The trouble with Ray the last couple of years was inconsistency. He would have stretches where he looked like his old self, and stretches where it looked like he couldn't get his grandmother out. So, it's hard to extrapolate from his good spring training to how he'll do over 162 games. I wish him nothing but the best.

Heard Texas is going to use him as the primary set-up man and will bump Feliz to 7th inning work. Pretty high praise considering the arm and 2009 results Feliz has to show for himself. As Frobby said in the opening post, best wishes to Ray -- hope he does very well in Arlington.

Heard Texas is going to use him as the primary set-up man and will bump Feliz to 7th inning work. Pretty high praise considering the arm and 2009 results Feliz has to show for himself. As Frobby said in the opening post, best wishes to Ray -- hope he does very well in Arlington.

The Rangers cannot be watching the same pitcher I am. Neftali Feliz is one of the most dominating pitchers in baseball, and for him to just be used in the 7th is a joke.

I thought the jury was still out on him being a starter? Any help guys?

Archived