Jason Heyward hits a 3-run bomb in his first at-bat

Big Mac

Injuries are the only thing that can stop this kid. if he stays healthy, he could be the next coming of Griffey

If he stays healthy, he could be the next Ken Griffey, Jr? (Sorry, putting "healthy" and "Griffey" together is funny to me. Not knocking your post...I think you're right.)

But really, so much for having to live up to the hype. Looks like he's already hit the ground running!

I watched the at-bat and immediately thought of the Heyward vs. Wieters thread, but couldn't find it. It was my first chance to watch him at the plate and I was very impressed. That short of a swing from a guy that big, with that much power, at only 20y.o. is pretty incredible! It's no knock on Wieters...to the contrary, I believe Wieters has a ceiling similar to Mauer with a little more power... However, I really don't think it's all that close even between him and Heyward...even considering our current OF logjam and the fact that Wieters plays a premium position, I'd trade Wieters for Heyward straight up in a second. When all is said and done, I think Heyward has the potential to have his name used in the same sentence as A-Roid and Pujols. Regardless of the current dynamics of your team, you take that every day of the week for any single player on your roster.

I was mad that I did not get him in my fantasy draft, however that anger has subsided some as the guy who drafted him is playing me this week and left him on the bench today. But he is gonna be a stud.

I drafted him high in one and traded for him in my other.

I did not make the mistake of benching him in either league.

You know I love Bazooka Jones but it's not going to be long before Heyward is the most lovable outfielder in baseball. This guy is amazing.

Hard to believe this guy was still around for Atlanta to pick at #14. This is why the Braves are always a good team. They draft well, develop well, and sign the right FA's. This gives them a great mixture of talent. They have youngsters with inmmense talent as well as veterans like Troy Glauss and Billy Wagner who they were smart enough to pick up. Why can't the Orioles be like the Braves?:(

Archived