Jason Heyward hits a 3-run bomb in his first at-bat

Big Mac

I drafted him high in one and traded for him in my other.

I did not make the mistake of benching him in either league.

You know I love Bazooka Jones but it's not going to be long before Heyward is the most lovable outfielder in baseball. This guy is amazing.

I missed out by 2-3 picks. Kinda miffed but I did get a certain other young lefthander who pitches for the Orioles and may have a paramount splash via pitching in fantasyland.

I missed out by 2-3 picks. Kinda miffed but I did get a certain other young lefthander who pitches for the Orioles and may have a paramount splash via pitching in fantasyland.

I have 4 fantasy teams and picked up that certain lefthander in the 21st round or later in every one.

Hard to believe this guy was still around for Atlanta to pick at #14. This is why the Braves are always a good team. They draft well, develop well, and sign the right FA's. This gives them a great mixture of talent. They have youngsters with inmmense talent as well as veterans like Troy Glauss and Billy Wagner who they were smart enough to pick up. Why can't the Orioles be like the Braves?:(

Which makes me glad that the Braves are my second favorite team, and are the closest to me geographically.

The only thing that bothered me about this is that the Braves' dugout didn't pull the old "Rookie just hit his first homer, so let's ingore him when he comes back in" routine. That kills me everytime. The moment was just too big.

Congrats to Heyward and may you do that about 800 more times.

Archived