4/6 O's vs. Rays OPENING DAY

adamwolff11

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzo needs to be lights out now....

Very disheartening. You can't leave that many runners on base. I am not panicking, there were a lot of positives in this game.

EDIT: I definitey didn't quote that. I wasn't even on that page. Not sure how that happened.

Who said that leaving runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out in the 4th inning would cost them the game, again?
That inning is going to cost us this game. Same old O's story.

that would be me. There were a lot of good things about this game, but also a lot of troubling philosophical mistakes that reeked of last year. When you use 4 pitchers out of your bullpen, all it takes is one to have an off night for you to lose. JJ was lights out and could have gone another inning. I know hindsight is 20/20, but how long are we going to keep using 4 relievers a night? That is a great recipe for burning out your bullpen by the end of the year and delivering another August/September swoon. Anyone who has been a fan of this team for more than a few years had to have seen this loss coming a mile away. Heck, I saw it as soon as the 4th inning and then it was glaringly obvious when Atkins got thrown out at home in the 8th.

Archived