4/7 O's vs Rays

Big Mac

Now are people alittle worried about Roberts? I know it is early and only two games. But we can't have this from our leadoff hitter with the schedule the O's have this month.

Not worried. He is still basically in Spring Training.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. Sad.

Two heartbreaking games.

Silver lining is they were both close and our hitting won't be this off all year.

I'm going to go bite my pillow.

It was the same thing last year. The hitting showed up when the pitching started to faulter. The Orioles are like my golf game- can never quite put it all together.

Don't be intentionally dense. I'm comparing his HR/9 to Rivera and neither are known for giving up homeruns, yet you decided it was time to act like he was a bad pitcher because of one homerun in one game in a 162 game season.

And that HR was the difference in the ballgame. If Gonzales does his job and Meredith does his job, we would be a lot happier tonight. It's not the end of the world, but our BP could be better, so could our hitters.

Now are people alittle worried about Roberts? I know it is early and only two games. But we can't have this from our leadoff hitter with the schedule the O's have this month.

Eh, what do you expect from someone who barely had a spring training? Unfortunately, it isn't as if BAL has tons of options in the leadoff spot.

If I were to decide to nuts here, I'd say my fears about an extension for an undersized player at a physically demanding position around the typical breakdown age for the position are being realized...

But it's only two games in.

Good teams find ways to win 4-3 games, bad teams find ways to lose them.

It's just depressing. I usually don't get too upset or too happy early in the year, but i'm looking at these two teams and we are nowhere near Tampa.

Garza goes 108 pitches and gets into the 8th inning. Our starters are wearing out in the 5th.

Good pitching, no offense game #2 = loss #2.

Yeah, and our offense is good and pitching is bad, ironic way to lose the first two. Wieters and Atkins gave us a chance, that inning was starting out great. But two bad offensive games, with two bad roberts games, is not a coincidence, I am suprised we got 6 runs in 2 games with roberts not having a hit to be honest. Usually we get shutout in those games. He will turn it around, and so will the offense, but the pitching will probably flip as well.

I'm not worried about him but he's very, very rusty. This team is not very good when he's not getting on base and he's scuffling so bad he's swinging at the first pitch on almost every at bat.

Good teams find ways to win 4-3 games, bad teams find ways to lose them.

It's just depressing. I usually don't get too upset or too happy early in the year, but i'm looking at these two teams and we are nowhere near Tampa.

Garza goes 108 pitches and gets into the 8th inning. Our starters are wearing out in the 5th.

Well I don't see that at all, I see us very even with them, showing with the close games, them a little better team, pulling them out. I didn't give us a chance tonight after yesterday, and with Guts going, but he didn't lose it, we lost it a different way :(. I think we should win tomorrow, and 1 out of 3 is what you expect on the road at Tampa, so not bad, but the give away yesterday hurts you.

Eh, what do you expect from someone who barely had a spring training? Unfortunately, it isn't as if BAL has tons of options in the leadoff spot.

If I were to decide to nuts here, I'd say my fears about an extension for an undersized player at a physically demanding position around the typical breakdown age for the position are being realized...

But it's only two games in.

I just hope he isn't forcing it too much. Trying to get back and rushing the healing process of the injury and then hurt himself all over again. The guy is a competitor and he is one of the best at his position when healthy. I just hope he isn't over doing it.

Well I don't see that at all, I see us very even with them, showing with the close games, them a little better team, pulling them out. I didn't give us a chance tonight after yesterday, and with Guts going, but he didn't lose it, we lost it a different way :(. I think we should win tomorrow, and 1 out of 3 is what you expect on the road at Tampa, so not bad, but the give away yesterday hurts you.

I don't think you are looking hard enough. Tampa is superior in almost every area, and darn near close to, if not better than, BAL's strength -- the outfield. Fortunate that Crawford is likely leaving, because Crawford/Jennings/Upton across the field could mean that no ball ever hits the turf...

A baseball season has 1458 innings. Some folks here are whining and giving up after 17 of them. That's .0116 of a season.

BTW, the '91 Braves who went from worst-to-first started the season 0-2. The '91 Twinkies who did the same thing started out 2-9.

There it is, that's what we've been waiting for. Now the season has started. We were all waiting, I mean the game's had started, but RShack was nowhere to be found in the game thread telling everyone how stupid their emotional reactions are. Now we can officially say the season is underway. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Nice. Don't even give him a chance to throw a wild pitch with Pie on 3rd. Unreal.

That's actually an important point. Really unreal. This just shdn't be tolerated. Your pinchhitter and lead-off hitter both swinging on the first pitch against a possibly tired closer who isn't getting strike calls.... :cussing:

I just hope he isn't forcing it too much. Trying to get back and rushing the healing process of the injury and then hurt himself all over again. The guy is a competitor and he is one of the best at his position when healthy. I just hope he isn't over doing it.

I think Trembley knows he needs game speed to get his timing down, and this is just an unfortunate side effect of his being injured for a chunk of ST. As far as pushing too much...I just hope he gets adequate rest throughout the season and that he doesn't get too worn down by the positions and the aggressive baserunning.

Post game note to Meredith, they have a player named Longoria, he will make you pay if you make a mistake. Walk him if you are not up to the task. And

tell the rest of your bull pen associates. THAT (coaches!) has to be the last time they let Evan beat this bull pen.

Archived