Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

I think we see more shakeup by the time the new BCS standings come out....Here are some upsets i am looking at:

VT over BC(upset only by rankings, not reality)

Penn St over Ohio St.

USC over Oregon...Again, upset only by rankings

Texas A & M over Kansas

Rutgers over WVU

That is 5 top 10 teams losing again and Cal could certainly go into ASU and win as well.

Lots of really good games and huge games for the BCS standings.

By the next BCS standings, i think you see LSU/Oklahoma as the new championship game....If ASU beats Cal, they will be in instead of Oklahoma but i think OU will be closing fast.

VT, Florida and USC will all vault into the top 5 if ASU losing and the top 6 if they win.

Well, i am 0-2...WVU is cruising now.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, i am 0-2...WVU is cruising now.

I think WVU is a very good team, but they don't have any real good wins. Today at Rutgers, and at MD, who is at best middle tier ACC team are their two best wins. Not impressive at all. Their loss isn't looking nearly as good now either, South Florida is losing 16-0 to UConn right now. Margin has been impressive for them though.

I think WVU is a very good team, but they don't have any real good wins. Today at Rutgers, and at MD, who is at best middle tier ACC team are their two best wins. Not impressive at all. Their loss isn't looking nearly as good now either, South Florida is losing 16-0 to UConn right now. Margin has been impressive for them though.

But they may play for the NC because other teams may fall.

WVU has a few tough games left but 3 of last 4 are at home.

But they may play for the NC because other teams may fall.

WVU has a few tough games left but 3 of last 4 are at home.

It's possible, but would just do more to show a playoff is needed. They can easily finish the year without beating one team that finishes in the top 25.

I think Oregon has a good chance at winning out, and if they do, they'll probably play in the title game imo.

They looked pretty impressive today.

They have ASU at home next week which could set up to be a monster game if ASU wins tonight.

It will probably come down to Oregon at UCLA.

The top ranked florida teams just went down, South Florida to UConn and UF to Geogia. Maybe USF is not on their way to becoming an elite program, and maybe their just not that good of a team this year, and maybe the Big East isn't nearly as great as some have made it out to be. Looks like they won't be getting 2 BCS bowl games like Gesh said would happen.

It's possible, but would just do more to show a playoff is needed. They can easily finish the year without beating one team that finishes in the top 25.

If it would take a team getting into the top two w/o a win against a end of season top 25 team to show people a playoff is needed those people were/are clueless. The evidence is overwhelming and has been for some time that college football needs a playoff.

Michigan has been playing better lately so maybe they'll run the table until November 17th, but if they don't OSU won't need any help to be playing for a national title w/o beating one team that finishes in the top 25.

The top ranked florida teams just went down, South Florida to UConn and UF to Geogia. Maybe USF is not on their way to becoming an elite program, and maybe their just not that good of a team this year, and maybe the Big East isn't nearly as great as some have made it out to be. Looks like they won't be getting 2 BCS bowl games like Gesh said would happen.

Devastating blow for the USF, the weather really neutralized their speed advantage. The expectation of two BCS teams dies although as a positive, WVU now controls their own destiny to win the conference. But top to bottom, the quality of the BEast is beind recognized. The USF loss may hurt a lot, but coming into this weekend, the BEast had made it up all the way to being the number two conference in the land to this point in the season. So even after a tough couple of weeks for the teams at the top it still is a lot better conference than some have made it out to be.

If it would take a team getting into the top two w/o a win against a end of season top 25 team to show people a playoff is needed those people were/are clueless. The evidence is overwhelming and has been for some time that college football needs a playoff.

Michigan has been playing better lately so maybe they'll run the table until November 17th, but if they don't OSU won't need any help to be playing for a national title w/o beating one team that finishes in the top 25.

I don't think OSU will make the title game, but if they do, I think at least one of UM/Penn State/Wisconsin will end the regular season ranked.

Concerning the first paragraph, my point is it could be a wakeup call to those who like the current system. But UConn will now likely finish the regular season ranked.

Devastating blow for the USF, the weather really neutralized their speed advantage. The expectation of two BCS teams dies although as a positive, WVU now controls their own destiny to win the conference. But top to bottom, the quality of the BEast is beind recognized. The USF loss may hurt a lot, but coming into this weekend, the BEast had made it up all the way to being the number two conference in the land to this point in the season. So even after a tough couple of weeks for the teams at the top it still is a lot better conference than some have made it out to be.

I don't think the Sagarin rating are the end all be all to this discussion as you seem to. Having the Big East over the Pac-10 is absurd imo. It's a conference with only one really good team, who as I said, hasn't really beaten anyone, and only 2 teams I'd even consider to be good after that. As of now, that Auburn win is probably making a huge difference for them considering they haven't played many other big out of conference games.

Besides the USF win at Auburn, what good out of conference wins does the Big East have? And I think most of the Big East schools aren't established enough or talented enough to think that highly of without having big wins.

BTW, are any of the other Big East schools going to eventually join the Big East in football? I know Villanova and GTown have teams, not sure about most of those other schools.

If the ACC could drop Duke and I guess NC State, they'd look a lot better too.;)

I don't think OSU will make the title game, but if they do, I think at least one of UM/Penn State/Wisconsin will end the regular season ranked.

Michigan is most likely if they run the table before OSU. For OSU to make it to the title game, they have to give Wisconsin who is unranked now, another loss so I think it's unlikely they make it back into the rankings. I guess PSU has a chance as well as I don't think they play anyone after tonight.

Depending on how far VT drops I think BC also has a chance to make it through the year w/o beating a EOS T25 team. After seeing VT against BC and earlier against the Carolinas I am convinced their ranking was the result of a weak schedule and think they'll lose at least one maybe two more games.

Concerning the first paragraph, my point is it could be a wakeup call to those who like the current system. But UConn will now likely finish the regular season ranked.

It would be nice, but probably wishful thinking. But for the good of the game, I say, let's find out w/WVU as the guinea pig. :D

Archived