I like the booing

Skeletor

It is his fault though if he continues to trot him out there instead of switching him with either Hendrickson or Olman at least temporarily until Koji is available. Trembley is now fully to blame if he continues this madness.

Trembley has a boss,he answers to him. The manager is dealt the hand that the front office fed him. Gonzo has a two year contract not a one year. He will close until it becomes so bad they pull him out of that role. Gonzo makes almost as much as the other bullpen members combined,with Koji out.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But he must have been surprised and possibly upset and distracted by being booed before he could even throw his first pitch ever in an Orioles uniform at Camden Yards. That type of fan behavior doesn't do anything positive for anyone. It is simply boorish and ignorant.

And also think of what type of an impression it made on all the other new or young O's, whether Atkins, Lugo, Ohman, Tatum, Matusz, etc. How do they feel representing a crowd of bush-league fans that would turn on an enthusiastic, much-expected (and -rewarded) player like that? Wait till those guys see what happens when the Red Sox and Yankees come to town. :rolleyestf:

During Syd Thrift's time, it was the Confederate dollars argument. Now, it's like "Why wd I want to play in Baltimore? Their fans boo a new player even before they've seen him and they can't even outnumber the Boston and NY fans when those teams come to town." I wdn't want to play in Baltimore. I'd like to hang out with Palmer, Boog, Brooks, Flanny, etc., but I wdn't want to play there.

And also think of what type of an impression it made on all the other new or young O's, whether Atkins, Lugo, Ohman, Tatum, Matusz, etc. How do they feel representing a crowd of bush-league fans that would turn on an enthusiastic, much-expected (and -rewarded) player like that? Wait till those guys see what happens when the Red Sox and Yankees come to town. :rolleyestf:

During Syd Thrift's time, it was the Confederate dollars argument. Now, it's like "Why wd I want to play in Baltimore? Their fans boo a new player even before they've seen him and they can't even outnumber the Boston and NY fans when those teams come to town." I wdn't want to play in Baltimore. I'd like to hang out with Palmer, Boog, Brooks, Flanny, etc., but I wdn't want to play there.

For as much as people talk about the mental and intangible parts of the game, I'm always stunned that so many are worried about appeasing weak-minded players like that.

The players know what's going on. They also know they will get FAR worse for doing FAR less from the fan bases that are being poorly compared to Baltimore.

Booing your own players is the dumbest thing i have ever seen. That used the be the difference between the Baltimore fan bases and the fan bases of teams like New York, Philadelphia, and Boston. Baltimore fans were long known for being the classiest fans in baseball, but after yesterday I can say that it is no longer true. You should support your players no matter what, everyone goes through a rough patch, look at Pie last year, how many of you wanted him run out of town in the first month? Now you want him starting over Scott and Reimold. You can use any excuse you want for the booing, but the more BS excuses you make the more it shows your lack of class, and intelligence. So thank you for ruining Camden Yards, I will enjoy watching the O's at home and supporting all of our players and coaches.

We will also enjoy having people like you watching the games from home.

Between the poor argument about Pie (who wasn't getting booed and very few were saying anything beyond making him a bench player) and the horrible attempt to make a single event into an indictment on every Baltimore fan, this post is truly an epic fail.

You don't want to boo? Don't boo. But don't lecture people on things you obviously know absolutely nothing about.

I personally was disgusted at the fans yesterday, for the first time in years, I am ashamed to be an Oriole fan. They booed him in the opening ceremony and when he was brought in in the ninth. How about supported your team and giving him at least a week or two.

Just childish and a black eye for Baltimore...I huess we should relase and Boo Markakis and Bergy as well, heck we should have pulled Bergy in the first and DFA'd him. :rolleyestf:

Archived