I like the booing

Skeletor

So, after 25 blown saves you can boo then?

Hyperbole at its finest.

Gonzalez could very well get his **** together and be lights out the rest of the season. None of us know.

I'm certainly not ready to start booing him and ridiculing him 3 games into his Orioles career.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the man and woman being arrested. I was front row in the section that it happenned. The woman actually pushed by me to get over to the police and casually climbed over the wall. She snuck up on the cops and they arrested her right away. The whole time she was screaming "That's my boyfriend! That's my boyfriend!"

It was funny and sad at the same time.

I have an awesome picture of it and I'll post it in a minute.

I know, right? They're 1-3. What an awful, shameful team. Season's over.

People are upset about today's loss and with good reason, but there's 158 games left to play. I'm not saying the O's are going to compete for a pennant or anything, but I don't think I've ever seen this many people jump off the ledge four games into a season.

I think it is the way they are losing. If it was the typical 10-3 lose people would be upset, but to lose 3 1 run games in the 9th inning it's heart breaking. Plus, this year was when win/lose mattered.

This is why I could never be a manager. I'm afraid I'm too logical. My feeble brain goes like this:

"Okay, we're winning the home opener going into the 9th inning. Not only has my closer been extremely shaky, but he threw 30 pitches last night and Johnson just blew through the 8th inning on like 9 pitches. I really don't want to lose this game, so I'll leave Johnson in there. He's rollin'."

Then when the media asked me why I didn't use my closer, I'd say, "Well, he threw 30 tough pitches last night in Tampa and he's due a little bit of a rest. We need to get him some side sessions to pull his mechanics together a little bit. He's still our closer, but I thought JJ made the most sense given what Gonzalez has been through the past few days."

Isn't Jason Frasor Toronto's closer? WTF was Kevin Gregg doing out there today!?!?!? Whacky Cito Gaston, not using his closer in a save situation!!!

That's because Gaston is a real major league manager not afraid to piss off anyone unlike our pseudo major league skipper Mr. Nice Guy Dave Trembley!:mad:

It's this same attitude why people get 54 place trophies. You make an effort you get a price, feel good about yourself and go get them next time. How about a little bit of hey " I F-ed up, I'm sorry and I promise that I will not let down the fans and this city"---I wish that is the quote MG said after the game, not the a typical I still have faith in my ability and I am the closer.

You think I'm happy with losing? I'm not, but I'm also not ok with fans booing my team when they've played just over 2% of their season. Let's pretend like we remember what it means to be a winning team and not panic so quickly. I'm all for booing a player for not giving 100%, but don't you think he knows he been sucking? It's not like he's throwing the games.

I think it is the way they are losing. If it was the typical 10-3 lose people would be upset, but to lose 3 1 run games in the 9th inning it's heart breaking. Plus, this year was when win/lose mattered.

Fair point. But at this rate, I don't know how we're ever going to get through 162 games without some people spontaneously combusting.

I was standing right there when they cuffed him. They cop motioned for him to come over and he did.

The cop said to us that if he would've just jumped back and tried to walk out of the stadium they would've let him. Now they were going to charge him.

Last year at a game a fan ran on the field. He ran around for awhile and got off the field before any cops got to him. He easily could of ran to the exits and might of gotten out of the stadium. Instead the dummy ran up to the terrace boxes under the club level overhang and tried to hide under a seat.

About the man and woman being arrested. I was front row in the section that it happenned. The woman actually pushed by me to get over to the police and casually climbed over the wall. She snuck up on the cops and they arrested her right away. The whole time she was screaming "That's my boyfriend! That's my boyfriend!"

It was funny and sad at the same time.

I have an awesome picture of it and I'll post it in a minute.

FanArrested.jpg

I know, right? They're 1-3. What an awful, shameful team. Season's over.

People are upset about today's loss and with good reason, but there's 158 games left to play. I'm not saying the O's are going to compete for a pennant or anything, but I don't think I've ever seen this many people jump off the ledge four games into a season.

Exactly. The only reason people are going ape scat over this is because it's the first week of the season. If this was games 85, 86, 87, and 88, there wouldn't be hardly any uproar. Why is it so hard for people to use a little perspective?

That's because Gaston is a real major league manager not afraid to piss off anyone unlike our pseudo major league skipper Mr. Nice Guy Dave Trembley!:mad:

That's comical. Frasor, Gaston's closer blew the game on opening day and then he came back to get the next two saves.

Archived