I don't blame MGon, I do blame Trembley

LookitsPuck

When will we all agree Trembley is a below average manager?

He is either below average or people above him are constantly telling him what he can and can't do and THEY are making poor decisions from lineups to fielding positions to pitching changes.

I want a manager with balls. I want an Earl Weaver. Trembley makes me wish Ozzie Guillen was our manager.

I would love a list of how Trembley is impressive.

Trembley started with the team in 2007. He saw the team lay down for Perlozzo. Don't you understand it is never the players fault. Trembley has no horsepower because he has never won anything. No manager would of won with the talent we have had lately.

He can't act like Earl Weaver because he doesn't have Earl's talent or resume. Earl made the playoffs 5 of his first 6 full seasons, in a much different era. If he pushes too hard they will quit on him just like they did for Sam, he knows that more than anyone.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully. the offense will score some runs and the SP will be dominant the next few games and that will give Gonzo some time to get his head straight. That's where I think the problem lies.

Or we could get blown out a couple times, have no need for a closer, he could throw a few sides, get the fastball velocity up a tick so that when we do need a closer again, they will swing at the slider.

Or we could get blown out a couple times, have no need for a closer, he could throw a few sides, get the fastball velocity up a tick so that when we do need a closer again, they will swing at the slider.

Is velocity the problem or command. He is all over the place. He is elavating his fastball.

Is velocity the problem or command. He is all over the place. He is elavating his fastball.

And his velocity isn't there either. Correct me if I am mistaken but last night, his fastball was at 92-93 but today it was at 88-91. I think the issue is with his shoulder flying open and not maintaining good mechanics.

And his velocity isn't there either. Correct me if I am mistaken but last night, his fastball was at 92-93 but today it was at 88-91. I think the issue is with his shoulder flying open and not maintaining good mechanics.

He looks like he is trying to hard to me, but what do I know. It would be nice the next time he gets a save chance we have a 3 run lead.

I think it is elevating because the velocity is lite...and he it throwing max effort. George Sherrill had the same results when his fastball was at 89. George was great at figuring out the mechanic to nudge it up. Hopefully, someone can do the same for Mike.

Why do we have to get blown out? That's no way to be!:mad::laughlol:

Trembley started with the team in 2007. He saw the team lay down for Perlozzo. Don't you understand it is never the players fault. Trembley has no horsepower because he has never won anything. No manager would of won with the talent we have had lately.

He can't act like Earl Weaver because he doesn't have Earl's talent or resume. Earl made the playoffs 5 of his first 6 full seasons, in a much different era. If he pushes too hard they will quit on him just like they did for Sam, he knows that more than anyone.

So basically Trembley is a lame duck. He had losers and so he was a loser and as a result he is a losing manager with no horsepower. Seems like the wrong man for the current goal.

He is a below average manager regardless of the talent on the roster. He fails to use the pieces correctly.

He looks like he is trying to hard to me, but what do I know. It would be nice the next time he gets a save chance we have a 3 run lead.
The two SP most noted for their command, had an inordinate number of walks in their first outing. Did they forget their mechanics, or were they over throwing because they were psyched.

So basically Trembley is a lame duck. He had losers and so he was a loser and as a result he is a losing manager with no horsepower. Seems like the wrong man for the current goal.

He is a below average manager regardless of the talent on the roster. He fails to use the pieces correctly.

Who is the right man? MacPhail didn't pull a stunt like the previous regime and fire him last year. He knew the talent he gave Dave wasn't good. He didn't fire him to save face with the fans or protect his own butt. Our talent is better this year so therefore he will be judged differently. You brought up Earl and Ozzie and that is not fair. Dave has to act like Dave not act like somebody else.

I don't think he is a poor strategist at all. His pieces haven't been as good as the other teams.

The two SP most noted for their command, had an inordinate number of walks in their first outing. Did they forget their mechanics, or were they over throwing because they were psyched.

I hear you. I think Gonzalez is a guy who just signed a big deal to be a fulltime closer with a new team. Human nature would say he wants to get off to a good start. He doesn't have a history here.

You guys are ridiculous. The guy was signed to be the closer. He's stinking up the joint, but you're blaming the manager for sticking the guy out to close who was signed to be the closer in the first 3 save opportunities of the year? GET OUTTA TOWN! What a RADICAL MOVE!

Thank you.

This thought process is all over the place. You state at the beginning that Gonzalez was specifically signed to a big contract to be the closer. And then you blame Trembley for...using him as the closer?

Gonzalez's struggles are on him, not Trembley. Trembley's using the guy in exactly the role he was signed to serve. As far as we know, Gonzalez is not injured, so you can't just send him to the minors to work on stuff. And you can't take him out of the closer role before the season even begins simply because he wasn't all that impressive in spring training. There are plenty of veterans around the majors who look shaky in spring but turn it on when the regular season begins.

Yes, it sucks that Gonzalez isn't getting the job done right now, and his grip on the closer's role may be in danger. But was Trembley supposed to have psychic powers and realize before the season even began that Gonzalez would blow the game on Opening Night? He was signed to be the closer. You have to at least give him a chance. Is it really unreasonable to give him (gasp!) three save opportunities?

Thank you too.

First off, I don't want this to seem like a knee-jerk reaction to an extremely disappointing loss.

Well, you did not succeed.

How many dumb Gonzo threads can there be? If DT doesn't use his GM's $12 mil closer, he doesn't have a job. 30 Pitches? Giive me a break. If he had been lights out so far and threw 30 last night you'd be screaming if DT didn't use him today.:rolleyestf:

A whole bunch, evidently.

I honestly don't see how some folks manage to make it through the season. Mr. Cobra is having a bit of a crisis, and Mr. DT has to figure out how to cope with it. This does not mean that eleventy seven other people have to go completely insane...

It's almost heartening to see that the usual suspects are milling around in front of the Warehouse with bent pitchforks trying to figure out how to work a lighter so they can get their torches lit. Almost.

As to Mike Gonzalez: needle, anus, sledgehammer. You geniuses figure it out.

And call me when you find that oh-so-innovative (and utterly mythical) major league manager who wouldn't have brought their closer in today. I've got time.

Archived