Mike Leake

Stan P

6.2ip 4hits 1er 7bb 5k in a no decision vs the Cubs.

Was drafted #8 overall in last years draft and completely skipped the minor leagues making the rotation out of camp. Sure the walks are high but don't forget he never played in a minor league game and he also got out of the messes he caused each time.

Meanwhile Hobgood is in A ball and had a line of 4ip 3hits 3er 5bb 4k in his first start of the season.

Was drafted #8 overall in last years draft and completely skipped the minor leagues making the rotation out of camp. Sure the walks are high but don't forget he never played in a minor league game and he also got out of the messes he caused each time.

Meanwhile Hobgood is in A ball and had a line of 4ip 3hits 3er 5bb 4k in his first start of the season.

Hobgood is also a 19 year old kid playing in full-season ball.

It's way too early to have any type of comparison. To even bring it up is ridiculous.

In other words, they had similar starts, only one is 22 and was rushed to the majors while the other is 19 and is in the same career path to start as 99.999-percent of professional players.

Your point is...?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The Achilles heel for this team is going to be the unit that doesn't step up in the postseason. I can easily see scenarios where: the bullpen is hot and provides good performances but the offense sputters and isn't clutch the offense comes up big but the bullpen blows games late starting pitching tosses some clunkers (not really likely with Burnes and Eflin) and they can't recover the defense sucks and gives opponents extra outs to work with, blowing games open when the bullpen or SP would have been able to escape and continue We've seen all of these units falter at one point or another during this season.  We've also seen all of these units perform very well at different times throughout the season.  So, we'll see what turns out to be the Achilles heel for the Orioles in the playoffs starting next week.
    • I agree I missed the mark on a correct forum, and ask a moderator to please relocate to Rants as that game annoyed me yesterday. I appreciate the strong moderators here and know I'm not one of them.     Sorry for making it worse at a tough moment.
    • Nail hit on head. It really comes down to the offense in the playoffs for us. I think our pitching is good enough overall especially the starters. Shaky sometimes sure, but they can hold their own most of the time. If we don't bring our "A" hitting game in the playoffs we won't go far.
    • The bullpen has warts for sure, but if this offense doesn't figure out how to hit good pitching in the playoffs, the bullpen won't matter. Even I got a little excited when they put 5 and 9 up on the board Tues and Wed, and then it crashed back to reality last night when I remembered they were facing Schmidt and Stroman. When facing a real ace like Cole they were completely shut down. What's gonna happen next week when they face Skubal, Reagins, and/or Lugo? The mediocre bullpen won't matter if they can't figure out how to score some runs off pitchers like that...
    • Why carry four 1 inning guys over a LH long option? Cionel stinks and should not be on the roster over Povich when you still have Akin, Coulombe and Soto.
    • Really would be nice to win tonight OR have DET lose so then they can play around Sat/Sun when the games would have no bearing on the seeding. Dont want this to come down to Sunday and having to win to get the 4 seed or then there will be some tough decisions that have to be made.
    • Looking for a big performance from him next week. This is why he’s here. 
  • Popular Contributors