4/12 Rays at Orioles

ChaosLex

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I don't think it is a big deal, I do agree that was a good example of DT overmanaging the pitching staff. We're down 3 in the 9th, nobody on, one out. I agree with DT that Upton and Burrell aren't a good match up for Hendrickson, but who really cares at that point. I think it says more for how little he values Albers' arm over the long term if you want my honest opinion.

I'm afraid you may be right on this. I thought he should have stayed in yesterday after pitching to three batters.

I understand what you're saying too. I personally believe that if the bats are hot, the arms will soon come around because the clubhouse will be optimistic. The clubhouse isn't optimistic when they aren't scoring any runs and wasting a good outing. This season has proved thus far that if the arms are good, the bats aren't coming around. Good food analogy btw.

But ultimately yes, if the pitching is good, thats a good start.

The clubhouse isn't optimistic because when they have had leads late int eh game- due to an ineffective closer and a tough luck error- 3 wins have been converted to losses.

Same old same old. The snowball effect... Everyone starts pressing and trying to do too much. Mental mistakes follow... Pitchers start to press cause they feel like they have to be perfect... and they are burnt out by the time the bats come around again...

Be nice if there was a reset button on the season.

Archived