Luke Scott's take on fan criticism

Bigbie03

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes, Luke isn't gonna win many fans with these quotes!

And for the record Luke, I think us die hard fans who have lived and breathed with the Baltimore Orioles for our entire life have it much worse than you ballplayers who "play a frickin kids game" for millions of dollars, while we bust our asses day in and day out to provide meals for our families, WE have it much worse than you "poor ballplayers!" Give me a break. Reality check Luke...9,000 fans came to see the team on the 4th day of the season.

Luke's going to get traded in the event that he goes on a bit of a streak. To be honest, he doesn't really have a place on this team anyway. Pie should be starting in left, Reimold should be DH and rotate among RF and LF once in a while, we have Atkins to play first (even though he's not a great option) and Wiggy to back up other IF positions.

He should have just kept his mouth shut in my opinion. It's tough to make these sorts of comments when you've been ice cold since the All-Star break last year and play mediocre defense to boot.

I don't have a problem with anything he said. I do have a problem though with base running on this team which is inexcusable. Talent has nothing to do with base running. There are either a bunch of base running idiots on this team that no coach can change or Trembley needs to go!

I don't have a problem with anything he said. I do have a problem thought with base running on this team which is inexcusable. Talent has nothing to do with base running. There are either a bunch of base running idiots on this team that no coach can change or Trembley needs to go!

Really? You don't have a problem with a ball player telling the fans to just be quiet because "we've never played the game and don't have the experience to tell them anything." That doesn't piss you off? I can see a brain surgeon telling me to back off "cause I don't know crap" but a ball player? So, playing in the majors is a lot different than playing organized ball for 30 years? Okay Luke...right!

I do agree with Luke on some points. I am not big on booing the players or anything of of that nature. I think it is unfair to do so, especially since we know that they are much better than this and are in a collective slump right now. This is a game of streaks and they happen to be in a cold streak, I mean It is not like they are not trying to win or not trying to get out of the slump. They are trying their hardest and they happen to be on the wrong side of many close games. It will eventually change.

I disagree with him to say that the fans aren't frustrated as much as the players. We have had 13 straight years of losing and I believe every fan is frustrated. We love this team with all of our hearts and follow it as much as we can to have our hearts crushed. We see a team under performing and not winning, and most of us are fed up and can't think about anything else except why they are doing this poorly. I know obviously the players want to win, but at the end of the day they are making millions of dollars to play a game. I know they care and want to win, but they just don't have their hearts invested as much as we do. Them being frustrated with their slump while they are making millions of dollars doesn't even come close to the frustration with a fan base whose team, while it is on the rise, has had 13 straight losing seasons.

I do agree with Luke on some points. I am not big on booing the players or anything of of that nature. I think it is unfair to do so, especially since we know that they are much better than this and are in a collective slump right now. This is a game of streaks and they happen to be in a cold streak, I mean It is not like they are not trying to win or not trying to get out of the slump. They are trying their hardest and they happen to be on the wrong side of many close games. It will eventually change.

I disagree with him to say that the fans aren't frustrated as much as the players. We have had 13 straight years of losing and I believe every fan is frustrated. We love this team with all of our hearts and follow it as much as we can to have our hearts crushed. We see a team under performing and not winning, and most of us are fed up and can't think about anything else except why they are doing this poorly. I know obviously the players want to win, but at the end of the day they are making millions of dollars to play a game. I know they care and want to win, but they just don't have their hearts invested as much as we do. Them being frustrated with their slump while they are making millions of dollars doesn't even come close to the frustration with a fan base whose team, while it is on the rise, has had 13 straight losing seasons.

Spot on with the bolded part!

Luke shoud be happy 9,000 people came to see this trainwreck. Throw in the fact that they paid to do so, while he's being paid handsomely despite his struggles, and ol' Luke looks like a moron on this issue.

Luke can get traded to a winnining team. As a fan, I can't.

Yikes, Luke isn't gonna win many fans with these quotes!

And for the record Luke, I think us die hard fans who have lived and breathed with the Baltimore Orioles for our entire life have it much worse than you ballplayers who "play a frickin kids game" for millions of dollars, while we bust our asses day in and day out to provide meals for our families, WE have it much worse than you "poor ballplayers!" Give me a break. Reality check Luke...9,000 fans came to see the team on the 4th day of the season.

I think you guys are missing his point... He was say the losing streak is more frustrating for the players than it is for the fans. I mean come on, he's not saying anything you guys wouldn't, and he's certainly not saying his life is harder than ours (which is what you implying). I can appreciate what he is saying, sure its frustrating for us fans to see them lose, but we get over it and go about our day, these guys have worked their whole lives to get to this level and they surely hate to lose and its probably embarrassing.

Imagine if Luke stood outside your job everyday and booed you when you had a rough day while you walked to your car? I'm sure the first thing you'd say is "What does he know about my job, he's only a stinkin baseball player"...

Just my 2cents, I dont think he was trying to knock the fan base, just that he is genuinely frustrated w/ the performance of the team. And thats what I want in a player... Take that frustration and turn it into victories, because the team looks like it expects to lose when they take the field.

Really? You don't have a problem with a ball player telling the fans to just be quiet because "we've never played the game and don't have the experience to tell them anything." That doesn't piss you off? I can see a brain surgeon telling me to back off "cause I don't know crap" but a ball player? So, playing in the majors is a lot different than playing organized ball for 30 years? Okay Luke...right!

I didn't take it that way. I took it that he thinks some fans think the team isn't trying hard or taking the losses hard. I agree with HuntingEd's post right above mine here.

Archived