Jay Bruce

Sanfran327

What is the deal with this guy? Is he still the mega prospect he was a few years ago, or is he now leaning towards being a bust?

I have him in a Dynasty league, and I don't think I want to drop him, but if he's going to have career numbers like last year, I don't know how bad I want to keep him.

His numbers last year were not impressive.

He was 22 years old last year, and he hit 22 HR in 387 plate appearances. Give him back the two months he missed due to injury, and he probably finishes with 30-35 HR.

First full season in MLB. Age 22. And you're talking possible bust? C'mon...

He was 22 years old last year, and he hit 22 HR in 387 plate appearances. Give him back the two months he missed due to injury, and he probably finishes with 30-35 HR.

First full season in MLB. Age 22. And you're talking possible bust? C'mon...

I didn't realize he was hurt. But those numbers were a little alarming considering he was once the "next greatest thing".

Yeah Jay Bruce is a bit frustrating but I think he will end up a star.

Although his BA dipped last year, his walks and power increased. And think of it this way: he had an injury, was just age 22, hit only .223, struck out 75 times in 387 ab, yet still managed a .773 OPS. To put it in perspective Markakis's OPS was .801 in 2009.

Bruce also dominated the minors at high levels at a very young age.

If healthy I expect Bruce to hit close to 40 home runs this year.

But I also thought Gregg Jefferies was going to win 3-4 batting titles and I still don't understand why he didn't.

I guess that's why prospecting is a terrible risk in the baseball card world.

Archived