4/17: Orioles at Athletics

Don Quixote

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's looked pretty good on Gameday. Mixing pitches pretty well, pitching inside. He has lost fastball command once or twice but seems to have gotten it back. Seems to be thinking about how to attack individual hitters. For instance, he has been really careful with Sweeney and even (I think) pitched around him once. Attacking guys like Suzuki and Kouzmanoff, etc.

And there's a double. Nice.

Also, the ump has not been his friend today IMO. Duchscherer got calls on the right hand batter's side of the plate all day that Guthrie has not gotten.

I appreciate the update man. This is how Guthrie should pitch against a lineup like this. Seriously.....the A's SHOULD be beyond awful on offense this year. There's literally not one player on their roster that I would take over ours (provided all of our guys are healthy). Honestly, if Kouzmanoff their best offensive player? Chavez has been hurt like the last four years!

They have a nasty pitching rotation though, and when Gio Gonzales is your #5 that's pretty amazing. He has a lot of upside in my eyes.

Archived