Blame MacPhail

JTrea81

Only in your mind is that statement true. I went back and read the whole thread again.

Those who have supported you (though some of them just complained rather than agreeing with you, but I'll count them in your court):

MrBig1

Loudoun Bird

Brunocherrytown

Amateurfan

unitastoheap67

SanFran327

MSK

justcompete

section18

KakesMVP

Those who have clearly not supported you:

RZNJ

Eddie83

slappy

glorydays

birds08

armyofdarkness

bruce510

billyripken03

crissfan172

carolinaoriole

vevejones2007

mitch connor

led zep

rustymcnail

moose

mcnulty

scott

me

Those who agree there is a problem but didn't support your interpretation:

rooster1

connja

ripkenway

clapdiddy

wildcard

SG

So,

10 for

18 against

Yeh, you're getting great support here.

You don't read good and you're being a jerk. It's nice to see you're capable of discerning the nuances of argument.

Furthermore, this is the dumbest argument you can make. Several of the posters there on both sides have made idiot points and prove nothing. Nice way to perpetuate the misdirection in this thread from the issue at hand. You and Trea both deserve a vacation.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is legit because AM isn't a moron and isn't willing to give overpay by 2-3 years and 50+ million dollars.

And look at where we are with him not being a so-called "moron."

Sometimes it pays to take a risk. Lord knows this offense could have used Holliday's bat.

I agree with this. As much as Trea can overdo it sometimes, he never involves himself in any name calling or things of that sort. MM and VT fan have both resorted to that in this thread.

Guys, you're better than that. You can get your point across without it.

I'd be a lot less prone to namecalling if Trea didn't ignore every good post that comes along that really grills him and he can't answer. So he ignores it or deletes part of the post and replies to the other. It's a cowardly move.

I don't understand the argument here over Teix and Holliday. Are people saying that the Orioles would not have a better record with Teixeira at 1b, and Holliday in LF or that they wouldn't be a better team? There's a huge difference, and the distinction is not being clearly made. I can't imagine that VaTech and MM would say that the Orioles are better without Teixeira and Holliday, and that going forward the Orioles will be better without him. If so, that's dumb.

Well, there's the argument of being able to afford either one of them, for starters.

It's not so much the argument if we'd be better with one or the other...it's the argument of signing Tex to a huge deal and we're a ~70 win club. How much could he possibly help? And then how much could we spend on someone else if we wanted to? Could we have afforded Tex AND Holliday on back to back offseasons?

And look at where we are with him not being a so-called "moron."

Sometimes it pays to take a risk. Lord knows this offense could have used Holliday's bat.

Again, you said you wouldn't give him the contract it would take to get him here. I am sure you will continue to ignore this point but its true.

And we would still be in last place or 4th place with Holliday...So, it really doesn't matter.

I mean, if AM is doing such a poor job, then how on earth can 1 player make such a difference?

Obviously the talent on the team sucks if AM is doing so bad, right?

See, he just continues ranting. We're hitting 120 with runners in scoring position because [insert the same blather over and over and over].

Right now there is a thread in the hangout section where Glory Days and about 8 other folks are basically laughing at you. None of it is being steered by the longtimers like MM, SG, DH, me, etc... These sorts of threads ridiculing you happen over and over and over. The owner is on record saying you're ridiculous. Several of the mods are on record. You'd think you'd get the point after awhile. Most people here think you're a loon. Instead, you just keep going.

I've got a thread going where we actually examine the numbers and what is really happening to the offense. Note that Trea hasn't even bothered to appear. He doesn't actually analyze anything. He just spouts nonsense.

I'm not sure what is "Elitest" about VaTech's post. All he said was that Trea continues to spout nonsense because of his vendettas and agendas. He just mentioned that when someone actually makes a thread trying to discuss and analyze what's going on with the team that Trea is nowhere to be found because he'd rather just repeat his same tired mantra over and over again about things that can't possibly be proven.

Oh and what's "Elitest" about pointing that probably 99% of the people that encounter Trea think he's off the damn planet? Usually when that's the case you stop and think, maybe I am being a little nutty. You don't keep thinking that your 1% is the group that is being rational and sane.

This should help you see my side, maybe not.

The thread is titled Blame MacPhail. I do blame AM for the product he put on the field. I stated why over and over. Instead of the Elite posters discussing the merits of the product AM put on the field they attack Trea.

Thats not with this thread was titled. Maybe one of you guys can start a bash Jtrea thread and you can get all of your name calling and shots in there. I feel AM needs to accept responsibilty and hopefully take some action, I am not smart enough to know what this but something has to chagne when your playes are holding players only meeting in the 3rd week of the season.

This should help you see my side, maybe not.

The thread is titled Blame MacPhail. I do blame AM for the product he put on the field. I stated why over and over. Instead of the Elite posters discussing the merits of the product AM put on the field they attack Trea.

Thats not with this thread was titled. Maybe one of you guys can start a bash Jtrea thread and you can get all of your name calling and shots in there. I feel AM needs to accept responsibilty and hopefully take some action, I am not smart enough to know what this but something has to change when your playes are holding players only meeting in the 3rd week of the season.

I'm not doubting your words here, but where did you see this? I want to read about it.

Again, you said you wouldn't give him the contract it would take to get him here. I am sure you will continue to ignore this point but its true.

And we would still be in last place or 4th place with Holliday...So, it really doesn't matter.

I mean, if AM is doing such a poor job, then how on earth can 1 player make such a difference?

Obviously the talent on the team sucks if AM is doing so bad, right?

One player won't get us to the playoffs but it is a start.

Had we actually spent $100+ million to land Holliday or any FA, don't you think some perceptions about the Orioles would have changed? Don't you think players would have more confidence about the direction of this team if the GM is willing to go and spend that kind of money on a player that can help them win?

Aggressively pursuing and signing Holliday or Teixeira or any premium FA like that isn't just about the player, but the message that it sends. And other players and FAs would take notice as well.

When the Orioles signed Tejada, they were able to get Javy Lopez and Palmeiro as well.

Back in 1995, the Orioles FA spree of Alomar, Surhoff, Myers and McDowell was all a chain reaction.

In each case the losing perception was changed. Fans and players were energized. Now in each case a piece was missing, but this team has a better foundation, but now MacPhail isn't willing to try that again, failing to realize those previous plans might have worked had the Orioles had the pieces they had in place now.

We need a combination of a FA spree/trading spree to bring in premium talent so this team can win again. Something major has to happen and the young talent alone cannot be the backbone of this team, not when you have to beat the talent that is in this division. And it's going to have to start sooner than later.

We have analyzed the product on the field over and over and over. The line up should be about 6th to 8th in the AL in runs scored this year based on several folks objective analysis on here and pretty much all of the prediction systems. Right now, we're last. I'm attempting to analyze why in the thread re: RISP.

I see very little analysis in this thread. What I see is whining and complaining and moaning with not a lot of thought. I see folk who aren't competent enough to look at the problems so they just react to the results. Sorry, but that is what I see.

You're funny though. I'll give you that. I'd put me on ignore since I'm such an elitist.

Then I wouldn't know how to judge others!

Had we actually spent $100+ million to land Holliday or any FA, don't you think some perceptions about the Orioles would have changed?
You mean 140+ million.
Don't you think players would have more confidence about the direction of this team if the GM is willing to go and spend that kind of money on a player that can help them win?
What players? FAs or the current players? The current players like this team and feel there is a lot of talent.
Aggressively pursuing and signing Holliday or Teixeira or any premium FA like that isn't just about the player, but the message that it sends. And other players and FAs would take notice as well.
I don't neccassarily disagree with your sentiment here..But you don't go nuts just to send a message and you certainly don't do it for a solid but not elite player..like Holliday.
When the Orioles signed Tejada, they were able to get Javy Lopez and Palmeiro as well.

And where did that get us?

In each case the losing perception was changed. Fans and players were energized. Now in each case a piece was missing, but this team has a better foundation, but now MacPhail isn't willing to try that again, failing to realize those previous plans might have worked had the Orioles had the pieces they had in place now.
Lots of holes here...First of all, the players are currently energized....Second of all, if the foundation is there, shouldn't that be a plus for AM..the same guy you continue to slam?

We need a combination of a FA spree/trading spree to bring in premium talent so this team can win again. Something major has to happen and the young talent alone cannot be the backbone of this team, not when you have to beat the talent that is in this division. And it's going to have to start sooner than later.

Look, I agree that AM may not be the guy to take us to the next level...I agree that his history doesn't bode well for him being able to finish off this rebuilding job in this division. I also agree that we need to bring in at least 1 and maybe 2 upper echelon players.

The difference between you and I is that you don't seem to understand the difference between premium and solid...but you are willing to pay premium prices for solid players...That's just dumb..Its not a smart way to do things. You can pound your fist on the table all day long asking for premium talent but, outside of Tex and MCab(who may not have even been available), you have yet to suggest we acquire a true premium player...AGon is close but he has to be more than the 850ish OPS player he was in his career prior to 2009 to give him the type of contract and trade ther package of players you are asking for.

One player won't get us to the playoffs but it is a start.

Had we actually spent $100+ million to land Holliday or any FA, don't you think some perceptions about the Orioles would have changed? Don't you think players would have more confidence about the direction of this team if the GM is willing to go and spend that kind of money on a player that can help them win?

Back in 1995, the Orioles FA spree of Alomar, Surhoff, Myers and McDowell was all a chain reaction.

Who in the heck can disagree with this????

Archived