Times like these...

RShack

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this post and thinking of RShack...I am reminded of a little spoiled baby crying insufferably over his spilled milk......

Seriously, its posts like his OP that really make me tired at times of this board. While I am not generally the first to throw stones, the pompous self-righteous, indignant, arrogant pontificating that goes on gets to be too much at times.

Reading this post and thinking of RShack...I am reminded of a little spoiled baby crying insufferably over his spilled milk......

Seriously, its post like his OP that really make me tired at times of this board. While I am not generally the first to throw stones, the pompous self-righteous, indignant, arrogant pontificating that goes on gets to be too much at times.

Whoever came up with RTrea yesterday is a genius. :D

To be fair, spilled milk does suck, especially if it was the last of the milk in the house. What if someone was planning to have cereal for breakfast? That person would be SOL.

RShack you are pretty off base on this one.

I'll say. Blaming crappy baseball on the fans complaining about it? What a bunch of BS!! What fans in their right mind WOULDN"T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT a 2-14 start? :confused: When will the GD excuses STOP?????:mad::angryfire::cussing:

It is this very mindset that enables this team to excel in sucking perpetually and not performing up to their ability. It reminds me of the Little League mentality that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. PISS on that! MAN UP AND PLAY THE GD GAME RIGHT FOR A CHANGE! Other teams do it!! This excuse making stuff needs to STOP!!! NOW!!!

I'll say. Blaming crappy baseball on the fans complaining about it? What a bunch of BS!! What fans in their right mind WOULDN"T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT a 2-14 start? :confused: When will the GD exuses STOP?????:mad::angryfire::cussing:

It is this very mindsent that enables this team to excel in sucking perpetually and not performing up to their ability. It reminds me of the Little League mentality that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. PISS on that! MAN UP AND PLAY THE GD GAME RIGHT FOR A CHANGE! Other teams do it!! This excuse making stuff needs to STOP!!! NOW!!!

This is one of the best sentences I have ever read. Thank you, sir.

With fair recognition and appreciation that we have a wonderful venue to share our views, I would like to respond to your OP by saying , "How dare you?!!"

We fans have been un-supportive of our team? We fans should be ashamed? We same fans that bleed Orange and Black at a site -on a daily basis- because we are faithful followers of a team that was once proud and we so dearly want for that again?

I woke up this morning, read this, and thought, "Are you serious?!" I checked the calendar to be sure it wasn't April the 1st. Of all the nonsense you've issued at this site, this takes the cake. While I -again- recognize your right to the opinions shared, I have just as much right to call you out for your ignorance, arrogance and misguided failure to understand the culture here you so despise.

I don't think anyone on this site is a nicer person than Greg.

So, with that thought as the background, I don't think anything else really has to be said than just..read Greg's post....should tell you everything you need to know about Rshack and this thread.

So, what about Shack's main point -- would having a stronger connection to the great Orioles of the past help at times when the team is struggling?

I will give you my honest opinion - no. Palmer's around. Flanagan's around. Dempsey's around. Shelby's around. Boog is around. There are reasons I think having more connections to the players would be good for public relations, but I don't think it would make any real difference in how the team will perform or feel.

On the other point - if Zriebec is asking the players questions about Trembley possibly being fired, that's because Zriebec believes that it's a possibility. It has nothing to do with popular opinion on Orioles Hangout or the Sun board. If a journalist isn't thinking about that when the GM has said the season is about wins and losses, and the team is off to a 2-14 start, he's got his head in the sand.

I see where Zrebiec is reporting that guys like Nick and JJ are having to field questions about DT getting fired. As if they don't have enough to worry about... now they have to deal with reporters getting in their face about that too. Obviously it's coming from places like this. The only readily available samplings of fan attitude are this place, the Sun board, and shout-radio. So, the fact that Nick, JJ, and others are having to deal with this stuff is pretty much a reaction to the kind of noise that's been going on around here for the last day or so. (I hope everybody feels really proud about that.)

Boo f'ing hoo.

They're professional athletes, and part of that JOB is talking to the press in good times and talking to the press in bad times. They're off to a start that is embarrassing to both them, their manager and the fanbase, who by the way has endured more than a decade of this BS.

So no, I don't feel BAD for them. Sorry if that makes me less than.

It's early, so I haven't parsed every word, but I think RShack's main point is that teams are going to struggle and fans are going to overreact. But if a team has a strong connection to its past stars, it can use those players, who the fans know and trust, to calm the masses. Sort of like how Pee Wee Reese put his arm around Jackie Robinson to quiet the hostile home crowd. That part at least shouldn't be controversial.

I'll say. Blaming crappy baseball on the fans complaining about it? What a bunch of BS!! What fans in their right mind WOULDN"T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT a 2-14 start? :confused: When will the GD excuses STOP?????:mad::angryfire::cussing:

It is this very mindsent that enables this team to excel in sucking perpetually and not performing up to their ability. It reminds me of the Little League mentality that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. PISS on that! MAN UP AND PLAY THE GD GAME RIGHT FOR A CHANGE! Other teams do it!! This excuse making stuff needs to STOP!!! NOW!!!

Man, you know there's some BS post when I agree 100% with OldFan. What's even worse is that he hasn't even come back in to defend his position. Whatever, some folks get frustrated and vent about the team, some folks get frustrated and vent about the people in the same boat.

Whoever came up with RTrea yesterday is a genius. :D

That was kind of funny, but at least JTrea doesn't sit on his high horse and bad mouth everyone else. He might be a little hard-headed but he takes a lot of crap and usually takes the high road.

Archived