New Closer? Alfredo Simon?

orioleman123

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesnt matter ... I dont like the guy as clser. Too wild & not enough gas on his fastball.

You're not making any sense. Do you want a stat to back up your point? Then pick one that does. If you don't care about empirical evidence and want to go on your gut, fine - but don't use a stat that you don't understand and then write it off when your error is pointed out. That's just silly.

By the way, how many games have you watched him pitch? Did you watch him in Atlanta and Pittsburgh?

Doesnt matter ... I dont like the guy as clser. Too wild & not enough gas on his fastball.
You're not making any sense. Do you want a stat to back up your point? Then pick one that does. If you don't care about empirical evidence and want to go on your gut, fine - but don't use a stat that you don't understand and then write it off when your error is pointed out. That's just silly.

By the way, how many games have you watched him pitch? Did you watch him in Atlanta and Pittsburgh?

He pitched well in Atlanta last year. He has been a completely different pitcher for us this year. He looked good last year. This year, not so much.

I'm not a Trea-ian, & I dont appreciate the remark. I can draw my own conclusions & dont need to be guided by JTrea or anyone else here!
He struck out 90 in 74 innings last year. He only walked 33.

Then what conclusion do you draw on this?

If you look at Mike Gonzalez's profile on orioles.com, you can see all kinds of stats.

Here is the stat for his holds (HLD) last year, it was 17 holds. The AVG was .209.

Clearly, Gonzalez can be lights-out. He just needs to show us that this year. Hopefully he will get that worked out and get back on track.

I'm not a Trea-ian, & I dont appreciate the remark. I can draw my own conclusions & dont need to be guided by JTrea or anyone else here!

Hah. So you neg-rep'd me?

Judging by your logic here you can't actually "draw conclusions" - you can, however, arbitrarily react. Drawing a conclusion means understanding and considering the evidence and then deriving something logical from it. What you've done here is mis-use a stat, reject a stat you didn't both to look up, then reject all stats for an assessment made on your initial, incomplete first-hand experience. That's not "drawing" a "conclusion."

That you can't tell the difference is telling.

Jim ... I dont need stats. I watched a guy with a 90 mph fastball, Wild as can be, And a ridiculous & uneccesary rocking motion pitch this year. Some here will claim he was hurt. I think hes been hidden on the DL until he gets straightend out. A lot of national league pitchers come to the AL & struggle.

Archived