Apparently Adam Jones challenges the fans to some batting practice

bOhs01

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wanna hold a small clinic where i have people meet me at camden, i take them into the cage and throw bp. who think they can hit?????

Hey, how about he throws me some BP and then I throw him some english and grammar lessons in the classroom!

Its Twitter - 140 characters.

What do you expect? He's one of the whipping boys this year. A couple of people start saying he's an egomaniac and pretty soon others jump on the bandwagon, no matter how unfounded it is.

The guy could rescue 100 orphans from a burning orphanage and people would say he just did it for recognition or something.

He's not having a great start to the season. He hasn't been great since the first half of last season. He's got a lot of things to work on. I get it. But all of this ego crap and people saying he doesn't care and that he's nonchalant and that his AS/GG awards have gone to his head...it's just stupid.

I wasn't jumping on any bandwagon, I like Adam, i was just passing along his comments. Although he shouldn't be challenging the fans or anything like that. If you are that worried about the fans then start taking a down and away slider and shut them up.

What do you expect? He's one of the whipping boys this year. A couple of people start saying he's an egomaniac and pretty soon others jump on the bandwagon, no matter how unfounded it is.

The guy could rescue 100 orphans from a burning orphanage and people would say he just did it for recognition or something.

He's not having a great start to the season. He hasn't been great since the first half of last season. He's got a lot of things to work on. I get it. But all of this ego crap and people saying he doesn't care and that he's nonchalant and that his AS/GG awards have gone to his head...it's just stupid.

THANK YOU.....People are jumping on every move, word and turning it in to a Jones vendetta. Truthfuly, some of these threads and posts come off as entirely clueless. Jones is playing poorly. He is clearly frustrated but NO ONE, save Wigginton has played or hit well. Not Nick, Miggy, Nolan, Luke and no not even the switch hitting Jesus.

I think the worst thing the Orioles did was having Jones do those stupid MASN commercials. Guess what people, like pro wrestling those commercials are not real. I listen to Jones talk and I hear a nice young man who is sick of the losing and his poor play. I do not hear and ego maniac or someone who cares less about the team. He does play with a flair or style that I would tone down, but again guess what so does the people choice Felix Pie. He is clearly playing further back. For those who have wasted their hard earned money and actually gone to a few games you can clearly see that.

The AJ bashing has gone way overboard. This thread like many of the AJ threads is another one of the pile on crap that goes on here way to much.

I don't care about this but last night, during his interview, he mentioned how he gets texts from his mom during the game about slamming his helmet down, etc...

Now, it wasn't clear if he saw those texts during or after the game but if it was during, does anyone have a problem with the man checking his cell phone during the game? I know I sure as hell do.

I kinda had the same feeling. In all of the dugouts I've been in (college, showcase, minors) you wouldn't dare pick up a cellphone.

I guess it's different at the top. Don't know.

See this is how rumors get started! There is absolutely no reason to think this is happening.

I wasn't jumping on any bandwagon, I like Adam, i was just passing along his comments. Although he shouldn't be challenging the fans or anything like that. If you are that worried about the fans then start taking a down and away slider and shut them up.

He wasn't "challenging" anyone. God, it was a joke.

I don't care about this but last night, during his interview, he mentioned how he gets texts from his mom during the game about slamming his helmet down, etc...

Now, it wasn't clear if he saw those texts during or after the game but if it was during, does anyone have a problem with the man checking his cell phone during the game? I know I sure as hell do.

I heard an interview with a player, I think Luke last year and he mentioned that when he turns on his phone after the game he has a group of text message telling him what he did right or wrong. I am not sure but this is probably what is going on.

I also remember a thread last year where people were mad because the Orioles were supposedly allowing Wieters to talk to his wife and mother when he was slightly injured during a Tides game. It turned out that he did not speak to them until after he was removed, and had been checked over by the doctors.

I am not sure but I think MLB does not allow cell phones or electronic devices in the dugouts. Think about some of the problems that could cause.

See this is how rumors get started! There is absolutely no reason to think this is happening.

I made it VERY CLEAR that i don't know if he is checking them during the game or not.

If someone wants to start a rumor off of that, so be it...I paraphrased what HE said...People can draw their own conclusions from it.

I heard an interview with a player, I think Luke last year and he mentioned that when he turns on his phone after the game he has a group of text message telling him what he did right or wrong. I am not sure but this is probably what is going on.

I also remember a thread last year where people were mad because the Orioles were supposedly allowing Wieters to talk to his wife and mother when he was slightly injured during a Tides game. It turned out that he did not speak to them until after he was removed, and had been checked over by the doctors.

I am not sure but I think MLB does not allow cell phones or electronic devices in the dugouts. Think about some of the problems that could cause.

That doesn't mean he isn't running into the clubhouse during the game or something like that.

Archived