Two Outs Man On Third Game Tied In 9th Who Do You Want Up?

Old#5fan

Runner On Third Two Out Game Tied In 9th Who You Want Up?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Runner On Third Two Out Game Tied In 9th Who You Want Up?

Then make the bet instead of acting like a winner when I guarantee you I will end up winning the bet and you will be the LOSER for the entire OH to see! :laughlol:

The Gauntlet has been laid and you chicken out and ran the other WAY! Why if you are so RIGHT?:confused:Apparently I am the BIG MAN here because if you are scared say your SCARED!

This is a one star calibre thread! No... wait a minute... it's an actual one star thread because it's been awarded one star by the voters. :D

Your continued water boarding of the English language (see bolded sentence above) always amuses though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then make the bet instead of acting like a winner when I guarantee you I will end up winning the bet and you will be the LOSER for the entire OH to see! :laughlol:

The Gauntlet has been laid and you chicken out and ran the other WAY! Why if you are so RIGHT?:confused: Apparently I am the BIG MAN here because if you are scared say your SCARED!

Oh yes, you are the big man. Yep, totally the big man. I, in fact, shudder in the presence of not only your BIG-ness but also your MAN-ness.

I have to say, nothing says BIG MAN like making a stupid bet over a stupid stat that no one tracks and no one cares about to prove a stupid illogical point on the internet with someone half your age.

Yep, you certainly are a BIG MAN - I am SO scared, really I am, I am completely frightened right now. I mean my fingers are shaking as I type this. Of the things that scare me in my life right now (those things being: poisonous spiders; civil war and the words, "Surprise its twins!" coming out of my girlfriends mouth) Old#5 fan and his BIG MAN-ness have totally taken the number one spot.

After this exchange, I mean you REALLY called me out here, I am taking stock of my life. I think I need to grab a van, paint a dragon on the side of it and drift through the natural beauty of the American Southwest. Only the isolation and peyote induced visions of both being and not will allow me to properly come back here and confront your monumental challenge. I will sit there, cross legged, on a craggy ledge as the sun rises over the Sonora and I will ponder: How did you become a BIG MAN, why am I so SCARED and how can I become a BIG MAN like you?

Woe is to not only me but anyone who challenges the level of your MAN. Everyone now knows that you are not little, or even actual size but rather we all know how BIG you are.

SO let me take this opportunity to apologize, whole heartedly, I will never question you again. Your BIGness has proven me wrong. I will take my math, and logic and reason and run away to another, less BIG, place on the internet.

You truly are the BIGgest MAN I have ever met.

You are certainly not a complete and utter jackhole of a person. You certainly are not a waste of breath.

Nope, not at all.

You are a BIG MAN.

Does Old#5fan really not understand that betting who will get the most game-winning hits (or is it walk-off hits?) in a season between Markakis and Tejada is basically like betting on a coin flip? The all-time leader, Frank Robinson, averaged just over one per season and zero in several seasons. There are layers of irony as well - if Tejada gets a game-winning hit, the odds are rather high that it's because Markakis had the game-winning "get on base," while Markakis will have more difficulty getting them because he doesn't get to hit behind . . . Markakis! Plus, as noted several times, Markakis had four of these in 2007, and only two people IN THE HISTORY OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL had more in a season.

But the bottom line is these non-stop silly arguments that Tejada will get more of them than Markakis is about the same as a non-stop silly argument that a coin flip will come up heads. It might or might not, but it proves and means nothing other than a complete lack of understanding of both baseball and probability at its most basic level.

-Larrytt

Does Old#5fan really not understand that betting who will get the most game-winning hits (or is it walk-off hits?) in a season between Markakis and Tejada is basically like betting on a coin flip?

-Larrytt

No. No he does not. Nor will he ever.

The Gauntlet has been laid and you chickened out and ran the other WAY! Why if you are so RIGHT?:confused: Apparently I am the BIG MAN here because if you are just scared say you're SCARED!

I'll throw this out there once more: before you go making a bet, why don't you tell everyone how many GW RBIs that Markakis and Tejada have in their careers? YOU CAN'T DO IT. Foolish, foolish old man.

And once more BIG MAN, how's about you delete your profile?

Wow, some people have some really thin skin around here. That is all I can say to this. Unbelievable. If this stuff bothers you this much, I hate to think what will happen to you when you really face some actual troubles or problems?:confused::rolleyes:

Archived