Updated Top 100 Consensus Rankings

Showing the Top 50 below, but you can get a great deal more here.

1 > Bryce Harper, C, College of Southern Nevada

2 > Jameson Taillon, RHP, The Woodlands H.S., (TX)

3 > Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss

4 > Karsten Whitson, RHP, Chipley H.S., Chipley, Fla.

5 > Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech

6 > Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, LSU

7 > Manny Machado, SS, Miami Brito H.S., (FL)

8 > AJ Cole, RHP, Oviedo H.S., (FL)

9 > Zack Cox, 3B, Arkansas

10 > Dylan Covey, RHP, Maranatha H.S., (CA)

11 > Nick Castellanos, 3B, Archbishop McCarthy H.S., (FL)

12 > Josh Sale, OF, Bishop-Blanchett H.S., (WA)

13 > Christian Colon, SS, Cal State Fullerton

14 > Kaleb Cowart, RHP, Cook County H.S., (GA)

15 > Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast

16 > Matt Harvey, RHP, UNC

17 > Brandon Workman, RHP, Texas

18 > Jesse Hahn, RHP, Virginia Tech

19 > Bryce Brentz, CF, Middle Tennessee State

20 > Alex Wimmers, RHP, Ohio State

21 > Austin Wilson, OF, Harvard-Westlake H.S., North Hollywood, (CA)

22 > Michael Choice, of, Texas-Arlington

23 > Kevin Gausman, RHP, Grandview HS (CO)

24 > Yasmani Grandal, C, Miami

25 > James Paxton, LHP, Kentucky

26 > Micah Gibbs, C, LSU

27 > Justin O'Conner, C/SS/RHP, Cowan HS (IN)

28 > Stetson Allie, 3B/RHP, St. Edwards (OH)

29 > Brett Eibner, RHP, Arkansas

30 > Yordy Cabrera, 3B/RHP, Lakeland HS (FL)

31 > DeAndre Smelter, RHP, Tattnall Square Academy (GA)

32 > Levon Washington, OF, Chipola JC

33 > Asher Wojciechowski, RHP, The Citadel

34 > Gary Brown, OF, Cal State Fullerton

35 > Peter Tago, RHP, Dana Mills HS, (CA)

36 > Jedd Gyorko, 2B, West Virginia

37 > Chevez Clarke, OF, Marietta HS (GA)

38 > Kolbrin Vitek, 2B, Ball State

39 > Barret Loux, RHP, Texas A&M

40 > Hunter Morris, 1B, Auburn

41 > Austin Wates, CF, Virginia Tech

42 > Todd Cunningham, CF, Jacksonville State

43 > Sammy Solis, LHP, San Diego

44 > Kyle Blair, RHP, San Diego

45 > Drew Vettleson, OF/RHP, Central Kitsap HS (WA)

46 > Cam Bedrosian, RHP, East Coweta HS (GA)

47 > Kyle Parker, OF, Clemson University

48 > Justin Grimm, RHP, Georgia

49 > Drew Cisco, RHP, Wando HS (SC)

50 > Stefan Sabol, C, Aliso Niguel HS (CA)

I'll take any of the top 3 and be happy. I have to say i really want Taillon, but I believe Pomeranz will have a rise to the bigs very similar to that of Matusz. If Harper is there my head might explode.

I'm excited to see who we get, and I wouldn't even be upset (only if Haprer is off the board) with McGuire, Ranaudo, or Machado.

I'll take any of the top 3 and be happy. I have to say i really want Taillon, but I believe Pomeranz will have a rise to the bigs very similar to that of Matusz. If Harper is there my head might explode.

I'm excited to see who we get, and I wouldn't even be upset (only if Haprer is off the board) with McGuire, Ranaudo, or Machado.

Pomeranz only has two real pitches and no where near the command of Matusz. His pure stuff may be enough to start him at AA, but as far as development through junior year of college, I'd have to say Matusz is a fair amount ahead of Pomeranz. Just my opinion.

Pomeranz only has two real pitches and no where near the command of Matusz. His pure stuff may be enough to start him at AA, but as far as development through junior year of college, I'd have to say Matusz is a fair amount ahead of Pomeranz. Just my opinion.

I agree that Pomeranz is not the prospect that Matusz was, and frankly I'd be disappointed if we selected him at #3.

I agree that Pomeranz is not the prospect that Matusz was, and frankly I'd be disappointed if we selected him at #3.

From what I've read about the two, I'd rather have Whitson at 3 than Pomeranz, possibly even over Taillon. Is it a given that Ranaudo is not a guy we want to take at 3?

Showing the Top 50 below, but you can get a great deal more here.

1 > Bryce Harper, C, College of Southern Nevada

2 > Jameson Taillon, RHP, The Woodlands H.S., (TX)

3 > Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss

4 > Karsten Whitson, RHP, Chipley H.S., Chipley, Fla.

5 > Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech

6 > Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, LSU

7 > Manny Machado, SS, Miami Brito H.S., (FL)

8 > AJ Cole, RHP, Oviedo H.S., (FL)

9 > Zack Cox, 3B, Arkansas

10 > Dylan Covey, RHP, Maranatha H.S., (CA)

11 > Nick Castellanos, 3B, Archbishop McCarthy H.S., (FL)

12 > Josh Sale, OF, Bishop-Blanchett H.S., (WA)

13 > Christian Colon, SS, Cal State Fullerton

14 > Kaleb Cowart, RHP, Cook County H.S., (GA)

15 > Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast

16 > Matt Harvey, RHP, UNC

17 > Brandon Workman, RHP, Texas

18 > Jesse Hahn, RHP, Virginia Tech

19 > Bryce Brentz, CF, Middle Tennessee State

20 > Alex Wimmers, RHP, Ohio State

21 > Austin Wilson, OF, Harvard-Westlake H.S., North Hollywood, (CA)

22 > Michael Choice, of, Texas-Arlington

23 > Kevin Gausman, RHP, Grandview HS (CO)

24 > Yasmani Grandal, C, Miami

25 > James Paxton, LHP, Kentucky

26 > Micah Gibbs, C, LSU

27 > Justin O'Conner, C/SS/RHP, Cowan HS (IN)

28 > Stetson Allie, 3B/RHP, St. Edwards (OH)

29 > Brett Eibner, RHP, Arkansas

30 > Yordy Cabrera, 3B/RHP, Lakeland HS (FL)

31 > DeAndre Smelter, RHP, Tattnall Square Academy (GA)

32 > Levon Washington, OF, Chipola JC

33 > Asher Wojciechowski, RHP, The Citadel

34 > Gary Brown, OF, Cal State Fullerton

35 > Peter Tago, RHP, Dana Mills HS, (CA)

36 > Jedd Gyorko, 2B, West Virginia

37 > Chevez Clarke, OF, Marietta HS (GA)

38 > Kolbrin Vitek, 2B, Ball State

39 > Barret Loux, RHP, Texas A&M

40 > Hunter Morris, 1B, Auburn

41 > Austin Wates, CF, Virginia Tech

42 > Todd Cunningham, CF, Jacksonville State

43 > Sammy Solis, LHP, San Diego

44 > Kyle Blair, RHP, San Diego

45 > Drew Vettleson, OF/RHP, Central Kitsap HS (WA)

46 > Cam Bedrosian, RHP, East Coweta HS (GA)

47 > Kyle Parker, OF, Clemson University

48 > Justin Grimm, RHP, Georgia

49 > Drew Cisco, RHP, Wando HS (SC)

50 > Stefan Sabol, C, Aliso Niguel HS (CA)

To be clear, is your opinion mixed into this list, or are you just trying to present what you think the industry believes? I know it's presented as a consensus, and you stated you love Machado but are not a big fan of Pomeranz, so I'm assuming this list doesn't incorporate your personal feelings?

As a consensus ranking, I think the 31-50 range needs to be cleaned-up some, based on what has happened between the start of the season and now. Seems light on HS arms -- if BA is a highly-weighted source in the consensus, keep in mind I don't think they've updated their rankings since February.

To be clear, is your opinion mixed into this list, or are you just trying to present what you think the industry believes? I know it's presented as a consensus, and you stated you love Machado but are not a big fan of Pomeranz, so I'm assuming this list doesn't incorporate your personal feelings?

As a consensus ranking, I think the 31-50 range needs to be cleaned-up some, based on what has happened between the start of the season and now. Seems light on HS arms -- if BA is a highly-weighted source in the consensus, keep in mind I don't think they've updated their rankings since February.

Zero personal opinion. The rankings are based on various industry sources and factored into a scientific equation for accuracy. All sources used are valid through April.

From what I've read about the two, I'd rather have Whitson at 3 than Pomeranz, possibly even over Taillon. Is it a given that Ranaudo is not a guy we want to take at 3?

I like Whitson over Pomeranz as well. I imagine we'll look hard at Ranaudo. My personal top five as of this instant are:

Harper

Taillon

Machado

Whitson

Colon

Zero personal opinion. The rankings are based on various industry sources and factored into a scientific equation for accuracy. All sources used are valid through April.

Got it. As I noted, not sure I agree with a few of the names in the 31-50 range, and I think some are missing (even if we're talking industry and not personal opinion). But I think you touch on a lot of names that will be considered for Day 1.

Archived