Ryan Berry looking good

RVAbird

We are getting very, very good at scouting, drafting, and developing pitching prospects.

I wish we could get the process for positional prospects on par with that.

If we learn how to trade correctly, it won't be an issue.

Typically pitchers have more value than hitters.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Butler has been hit hard his last couple of starts. REALLY hard last time out.

There could be explanations. But if that's a reflection of badly sub-par stuff, then I wonder how long he'll hold on to his spot in the rotation while Henry and Bundy continue to pitch out of the pen.

Can't imagine too long, he was mostly just a throw-in in the Bedard trade, it's not like we lose anything if he doesn't pan out.

We are getting very, very good at scouting, drafting, and developing pitching prospects.

Who knows? Joseph's been solid, Hoes looks good, Avery looks good, and you gotta like Mahoney. There are some positives with our position players. Although, I do agree, and I think that in the future we will have to put more of an emphasis on drafting and developing positional talent. But I am impressed with the improved plate discipline with Avery and Hoes, hope they can continue that and that Joseph can improve his as well.

So tell me: why do we suck at the major league level?? Have we all drank too much of MacPhail's Koolaid???:P

So tell me: why do we suck at the major league level?? Have we all drank too much of MacPhail's Koolaid???:P

The first wave is either just hitting MLB or is still in the high minors: Bergesen, Arrieta, Hernandez, Tillman, Britton, and Matusz.

It takes a while for most draft arms to have an impact in MLB. Advanced college pitchers like Matusz are exceptional.

Archived