Draft Chat/Reader Discussion

There will be a live chat/reader discussion at PnRScouting.com tonight at 7pm EDT. You can submit questions or topics you would like to discuss with the other readers here.

Hope to see a nice turnout.

What kind of person would want to CHAT about the draft...sheesh...

P.S. I'll be there. ;)

I thought these two were interesting. I left after he answered my question on Taillon's ETA.

7:23[Comment From Chris K. (Miami) Chris K. (Miami) : ]

If Harper and Taillon are of the board for the Orioles at #3, who will they pick?

Thursday May 6, 2010 7:23 Chris K. (Miami)

7:24 From everything being reported, it looks highly unlikely that PIT will select Taillon (though who really knows). Assuming they did, I would think the choice would come down to Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss, Karsten Whitson, RHP, Chipley HS (Fla.) and Manny Macado, SS, Brito Private HS (Fla.). Out of those three, I personally like Whitson for BAL.

7:24[Comment From Matt P (Pennsylvania) Matt P (Pennsylvania) : ]

What is Jameson Taillon's ETA?

Thursday May 6, 2010 7:24 Matt P (Pennsylvania)

7:26 Honestly, he can get out ML hitters right now. Probably not with sustained stuff, but both his fastball and his power curve could be true swing-and-miss pitches against pro hitters right now. ETA will in large part depend upon which organization drafts him, and whether he gets an ML deal. Based on what I've seen, I would think he could tentatively progress with:

2011 - HiA

2012 - AA

2013 - AAA/ML

2014 - ML

And that MAY be conservative.

7:28[Comment From bkmhoxx - Aman Reaka bkmhoxx - Aman Reaka : ]

I think Taillon gets treated a little more like a college arm. He is very advanced for a prep arm.

Archived