May 9 Anyone watching?

Mike B

No, that ball was hit to left field and played pretty quickly. Going to third would have been an easy out. He made the right choice.

I disagree. The ball was clearly going to fall as the outfielder was positioned way towards center. Matt should have taken off as soon as the ball was hit, Scott was almost on second when the ball was picked up in the outfield.

That play really hurt us as Jones hit into a double play the next at bat instead of a ground ball that scores a run for us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. The ball was clearly going to fall as the outfielder was positioned way towards center. Matt should have taken off as soon as the ball was hit, Scott was almost on second when the ball was picked up in the outfield.

That play really hurt us as Jones hit into a double play the next at bat instead of a ground ball that scores a run for us.

There's no way Matt makes third safely even running full speed. Sorry.

Sounds like Patterson is going to be called up after todays game

In 2006 Patterson had a pretty good year for Baltimore, and I thought that maybe he finally "got it". He was a good defensive CF as well as having some speed and some power.

But look at his recent stats.......wow they are bad.

In 2006 Patterson had a pretty good year for Baltimore, and I thought that maybe he finally "got it". He was a good defensive CF as well as having some speed and some power.

But look at his recent stats.......wow they are bad.

He is hitting well at AAA but bottom line he is just a better option than Lou. Lou really adds nothing to the team.

Archived