Seattle holds their hitting coach accountable...Why don't the Orioles?

Sports Guy

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way the Crow leaves is if DT is fired and the new manager demands all of his own coaches. Period. Talk about teflon. Why would they fire the Crow when they brought back a manager who finished 39 games out of first last season and rewarded him with a new contract.

I'm watching the game and I've noticed how often the Twins hitters go with the pitch....and hit line drives to the opposite field.

I've also noticed in past games how often Orioles hitters seem to prefer trying to pull everything and induce rally-killing double plays instead.

So....would you say this seeming inability to go with a pitch is Crowley's fault or the hitter's fault?

I'm watching the game and I've noticed how often the Twins hitters go with the pitch....and hit line drives to the opposite field.

I've also noticed in past games how often Orioles hitters seem to prefer trying to pull everything and induce rally-killing double plays instead. So....would you say this seeming inability to go with a pitch Crowley's fault or the hitter's fault?

Twins lead the league in GIDPs

Fire whomever you want, it's not going to change the fact that the PLAYERS aren't hitting the baseball.

And do you think it's because they don't have talent?

Changing hitting coaches, and changing the message and approach has proven to spark an offense before.

It's not like they can get any worse if Crowley is canned.

Fire whomever you want, it's not going to change the fact that the PLAYERS aren't hitting the baseball.

If coaches don't matter, then why do teams have coaches?

If coaches do matter, then why wouldn't you hold a coach partly responsible when the players underachieve?

It's one thing to blame Crowley for the failure of Bigbie and Matos to develop. They just weren't very good (and Bigbie was on steroids). But you can't deny that the O's have some young hitters with good minor league track records who should be hitting a lot better than they are.

I was impressed by Crowley's work with Pie last season, but I've also said that he needs to be judged by the collective performance of all of the O's young hitters. He's been given good raw materials to work with. If they aren't hitting, then a change needs to be made.

It is scary to think that we've got the 2nd to last OBP but have managed to hit into the 2nd most double plays. That is almost unfathomable.

Yeah, that is amazing, isn't it? It's just another aspect of ridiculously bad clutch performance by this team. We can't hit when the runners are on 2nd or 3rd...and when there's a runner on first, we bail the pitcher out by trying to pull the outside pitch.

Crowley is only one piece of the puzzle that needs to be changed. Look at today's game and last night's effort. Flat. Like a flat tire. They are going nowhere. No fire. Nothing. Too much money? Are the coaches tired? Bored? It's early May. I'm falling asleep watching this uninspired effort. Over 38,000 people in the stands in Minnesota watching them. If you can't get up in front of big crowds when can you get up?

One more time......can we make it a policy that players not wear their Hollywood shades during day games when batting? Luke and Nick do not need the shades and there is no way they can see as well wearing them. I don't see any players on the other teams wearing them. Just tell them to stick to using lampblack under their eyes.

In spite of this I will be at OP when they return and will see them play Seattle, Cleveland and Kansas City.

Archived